Turbo Dodge Forums banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
About 80 out of 1208+ the 92s? where are the others?

I have a White 1991 last VIN numbers 580806(does this mean anything?)

It has been imported to Mexico so here it is more rare as RT's in mexico were sold only in 92 and 93

Power Brakes
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Locks
ABS
Traveler, Left foot rest pedal
Cruise Control
AC

·
Registered
625 Posts
91 Spirit R/T
95,000 miles
PW, PD, Power Drivers Seat, no ABS, bone stock.

I have owned the car since April 2006, it had 91,000-92,000 miles on it at the time. It has been garaged since I have owned it, only taken out in nice weather. I have owned 3 of these since 2002, this by far the cleanest and that is why it's the one I kept!

Images can be seen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/11th7107qy7203j/gHXywCWeZq#

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. I pass by the woman's house everyday and have seen it under her carport for years. All this time I thought it was just a regular, family sedan rotting away. The last inspection sticker on it was from '06, so it has been sitting there for seven years. She also had a '94 F150 of which I was initially interested in. When asking if she wanted to sell the truck, she started telling me about the "turbocharged Dodge". Long story short, when I popped the hood, I knew it was mine!

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I do not have the VIN, but I wanted to report a Spirit R/T that has gone on to the junkyard in the sky. It was a Red 1991 and was found in a junkyard in Newport News, VA a few years ago. Originally sold at Oyster Point Dodge in Newport News. All that's left of it is the trunk lid with spoiler and the R/T graphic.

·
Registered
708 Posts
1991 White Spirit R/T
Odo shows 136K miles, but it doesn't work and who knows how long ago it stopped working
PW, PD, PL, Infinity stereo(had an infinity CD player in it, but don't think CD was an option in 91) Power seat

Recently bought, not sure how many owners it has had. Motor was rebuilt by PO but he didn't get the timing belt tension set correctly and destroyed the oil pump gear 6 miles from his house. Has upgraded pistons and rods, all ARP bolts/studs, +20 injectors, some unknow custom cal he thinks is good for 20psi but still has stock MAP sensor, He is supposed to be getting me the info on the cal. Has an upgradedd clutch. Since I've had it(not running yet) replaced all the rod bearings due to running with no oil pressure, all new polybushings engine/transmission mounts. PO put on the polybushings solid bobble strut, but used rubber factory style mounts everywhere else. fixed some vacuum line issues, installed my Grainger valve I had on my Daytona. installed the Ebay special BOV I had on my Daytona. Just got the Eibach springs in from the FWDP group buy that I originally ordered for my Daytona, but will go on my Spirit now. Swapping on the ninja wheels and tires from the Daytona as well in place of the stock snowflakes. Replaced the Infinity radio and speakers since the amps on speakers were garbage and headunit buttons didn't work right. Removed the narrow band A/F guage since they are worthless anyways. Still has the dual guage pod in it. Will install my AEM UEGO wideband I have, and a boost gauge since Dodge saw fit not to give the Spirit R/Ts a boost gauge from factory.

Pic of her getting towed home after the loss of oil pressure. Yes, that's my Dakota R/T and no it's not stock in any way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just purchased a very clean 1991 Spirit R/T in Las Vegas for $2500 from the second owner with 105k showing but the odometer doesnt work, "since I own a Speedometer Shop it is an easy fix" I flew into Vegas and drove it back to CA. It runs great and is very smooth and quiet, when on boost it would cut out and stumble but I made it home and got 34 mpg. The vac line from the waste gate actuator was off. I am going thru the whole car and doing an ocd detail on it as well as straightening out all of the Vac lines. This one will be a keeper and I will mod it tastefully to extract as much out of the stock turbo as I can and put a beat down on the cocky Focus S/T kids in my town LOL.

·
Registered
127 Posts
1991 red Dodge Spirit RT , bought it a few weeks ago from a satistics professor at the University of Arkansas , he was the original owner . Window sticker and sales brochures were included . Car is completely stock . The 70 year old Professor said he always kept it under 2500rpms . Charles is his name .
Anyways I'm just driving around in it . Very happy with it . Very excited first time RT owner .
Dunno how to upload pics yet , you are more than welcome to follow my progress on YouTube or Facebook both accounts are under Lee Pfeifer .

Odometer stuck at 85,000 , the professor said it's had two oil changes since the odometer stopped working . Everything else appears to be working fine .

The blue Hemi 4x4 in background is mine , please don't hate I also have a 1966 Batmobile .

Really cool seeing how stoked people get about these cars .

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Here's my newest addition, 91 spirit r/t, 113,000 miles power windows power locks power heated mirrors cruise travel center infinity stereo power driver seat rear window defrost no abs no upper console. car came with a ton of spare parts and has a few mods, Jackson Idler Mod, stage 2 FWDP SBEC, K&N, Full 3 inch exhaust and cat, Magnecore wires, short throw shifter and boost gauge as far as I know.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
Here's my newest addition, 91 spirit r/t, 113,000 miles power windows power locks power heated mirrors cruise travel center infinity stereo power driver seat rear window defrost no abs no upper console. car came with a ton of spare parts and has a few mods, Jackson Idler Mod, stage 2 FWDP SBEC, K&N, Full 3 inch exhaust and cat, Magnecore wires, short throw shifter and boost gauge as far as I know.
Looks like it's in good shape. Nice find.

·
Registered
581 Posts
yeah its in pretty decent shape, paints pretty faded on the top of the car but as far as the body goes I haven't found any significant rust at all, interior is in great shape besides the headliner needs redone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am the original owner of a silver '92 Dodge Spirit R/T which according to the VIN was a Chrysler program vehicle. Had the transmission replaced by Chrysler under the original warranty many years ago. Indy Cylinder Head did the magnaflux and weld on the head and re-did the valve work as well. Also installed the stage II computer upping the boost to 16psi. The car has an older set of 8mm Magnecor wires, a boost gauge and aluminum plug valley cover (the original disappeared). I parked it over a year ago for what I fear is a loose connecting rod and need to pull the motor to rebuild the lower half. It has new lifters, exhaust cam, timing belt and 80% of tire tread. Other than that the car is stock and in very good condition save for the aforementioned item. The front bumper has a slight crease when my wife rear-ended an old school Cadillac tank many years ago. My goal is to get the connecting rod and bumper repaired basically getting it to almost showroom condition and see what interest I can scare up. Maybe haul it to the Mopar Nats next year. There can't be many of these 31 cars left, so I expect top dollar.

I can email pictures to any interested party.

·
Registered
614 Posts
1991 Spirit RT

Purchased from the original owner 08/14/11. Garage kept from day one. The seller included every document from the day the car was purchased new at Marietta Dodge in Marietta, GA. Although it was purchased in GA, the car has spent its entire life in Florida.

The condition of the car is outstanding.

Options include:
Power Windows
Power Locks
Power Seat
Infinity II
Car now belongs to me. No longer in outstanding condition. Needs paint and some other odds and ends.

Since purchasing, I've replaced:
Valve Cover Gaskets
Tires
Inner Tie Rods x2
Outer Tie Rods x2
Alignment
Ordered odometer gears
Clutch cable to clutch arm retainer and bushing (Had a crescent wrench holding the cable to the arm when I got it)
Repair kits for both front windows
And the ever important Mopar Performance front license plate

81 - 100 of 105 Posts