Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know what the stock offset is on the omni's. I remember someone telling me 38mm at one point, but I am getting ready to buy some wheels and I want to know if they'll fit. The wheels are a 42mm offset. Also with the thicker offset do they push the wheel in or out of the wheel well. I am not above "modifying" the fenders. thanks

·
Registered
967 Posts
42mm will push it out alittle. I'll be running +45mm 17's on my charger later this summer after the roads are patched.

Joe

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
you didn't mention the width of your new wheels .

if they are 15x6 - same as most stock ChryCo 15" alloys (pizzas, swiss cheese, eggshells) - then this 4 mm difference is insignificant - thats less than 3/16 of an inch

however, if you are buying 7" wheels then according to an offset calculator like http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html
the *inside* of the wheel will be 17mm closer to your strut body, and depending on what tire size you run, may result in tire rubbing on strut body; this will also be 9mm further toward your fender, which should be OK - but depends on tire size you choose

to maintain the same clearance to your strut with a 7" wheel you would want a 25mm offset wheel, but this pushes the outside the whole 25 mm (1 inch) out and may give you clearance issues with fender lip

a compromise would be a 7" wheel with like a 32 mm offset or there-abouts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That calculator thing is sweeeeeet. I have to wait awhile though until for the new wheels unfortunately. I called centerline yesterday and they are out of stock for a couple of weeks. Oh well gives me something to look forward to. thanks for the info
-todge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts