Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on cloning the exterior look of Oggie Fisher's Daytona in the movie The Wraith Does anyone know what color red and black that it was ? Names/codes or equivalents ?
Also does anyone have the measurements or templates for the Direct Connection stripe kit that is featured on this car ? Or does somebody have a set of repros or a link to get them?
Any and all info on this car and trivia relating to it will be helpfull and appreciated.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Are you talking about the Dodge Turbo Interceptor that was used in the movie, or a different car?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm talking about one of the supporting cars the 86 Daytona: red on top, black on the bottom , t-tops, DC stripe kit. I want to figure out what color red and black was used.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
hmm, I will have to watch the movie again, I don't remember that car, just the Interceptor

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Its there. For a short while but its on there

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
it was custom painted for the movie, never came like that as far as that 2 tone is. the DC stripe i dont think anybody is reproing , maybe positive impressions, but thats its you want to get technical, i should have mine done this summer for carlisle

·
Registered
386 Posts
Why does it matter for paint codes?? :rolleyes: Just eyeball it and run w/ it....like anyone would know if it were or weren't the exact colors, and if they do know....then who cares...
I'd agree w/ Rampage on color guesses though, perhaps even the Flash red instead though.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Good point, may be a flash red as well, in other words, a very vibrant red, that parts is confirmed. LOL

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
WOW, I just got done watching the movie, and it is almost a commercial for turbo dodges. Heck, they had an 87 Pacifica, 2 separate Shadows, and then all of the 600's that were cop cars. Heck, Oggie's car started out white, since it was the same car that was in the beginning, but that would be too plain. Heck, I would like to have a clone of the Interceptor

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
ya the guy who owns the movie interceptor is making them into a kit car but dropping supercharged gm v6s.... Ya that movie is full of dodge

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Yah, did you know that the guy is in frigin Wichita, KS though. I kinda want to know who owns the car. Plus if somebody was wanting to make the exact car, they would have some problems with the head, since it had a Cosworth head on it, and I am pretty sure those don't even exist anymore and if they do, they are going to be expensive as hell

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Close, but I think that you went about 1" too high with it, but I am anal retentive about being as close as possible. But all I have to say about it is BAD ASS, I even like the old school duster (I think) in the back ground.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I wasent going for exact had nothing to compare it to for "exact" I like it alot best paint on the car! it was just to cover the nasty clear coat cuz i sanded it and it looked worse so i painted it but when i get my car painted im going to get it painted on to....Thats a 1974 Dodge Dart hang ten with fold down back seat and sunroof and dont forget the factory SHAG :D it was a surfer car...there getting kinda rare

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Nice, my brother owns a 1973 Plymouth Duster 340, but no bells and whistles like yours. I would hang on to that peach and restore it, almost before I would restore the Daytona, and yes I did say that. LOL. But a nice little collection.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts