Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
25,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using to replace the high temp rubber hose on the oil drainback tube from the turbo?
Are you using regular worm gear clamps to secure it or has anyone found a wide clamp(like fuel injection hose clamps) so it does not cut into the hose.

·
Administrator
25,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you find silicone hose, we had no luck when the head was off a couple of month's ago, Advanced, Auto Zone, Pep Boys all said they had nothing that size, that is why the old one was put back on.

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
We use clear plastic hose with a worm clamp.Have used for years with no issues except it gets hard and has to be replaced each time it's removed.NAJ spaceman is having some real issues .I don't know if you saw his posts ,but I recommended he PM you.Oh I think FWD sells new hoses.

·
Administrator
25,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have answered a lot of threads recently so I am not sure, what is the thread titled and what section is it in? Have not recieved any PM's lately.

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
I just pm ed him this morning so it may be awhile.I forget the thread he was having low or no power under accel-and backfiring thru TB.BTW he's in NJ also. need help 84tona was the thread

·
Administrator
25,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be looking for it, sounds like Cam timing, Rocker Arm, Cracked Dist Cap, Faulty Ignition Wire(s) issue.

·
Registered
13,525 Posts
Where did you find silicone hose, we had no luck when the head was off a couple of month's ago, Advanced, Auto Zone, Pep Boys all said they had nothing that size, that is why the old one was put back on.

Silicone 5/8 inch heater core hose. Napa sells them, so does TU.

You might want to read the second post again...

Carquest will probably have them too.

NAPA® Online
CARQUEST Auto Parts - 3,400 auto parts stores throughout North America

·
Legendary Driver
10,968 Posts
Find a local place that sells nothing but hose. We have a place called House of Hose (Hoes is what we call it hehe) But they do EVERYTHING hose related. I had them build my water and oil lines to my turbo as well.

·
Administrator
25,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked on FWD Performance, found it at an aircraft supply store for $6.85 per ft.
Thanks to everyone for the quick replies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts