Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Is it the hole the oil sending unit goes into? If it is its a pipe thread. I think 1/8" pipe (don't hold me too it). Don't tap into to it to far they are a tappered thread so just clean up the hole with it.
Tim

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no my motor is out with the trans off / but wear the trans goes up on the block right wear the oil feed line is on the trans side there a freez plug that plugs the oil gallery/ others clame they leak there/ mine look dry / but i,ve installed new seals so i would like to seal that up / so if it does leak i won,t have to remove the trans in the van to fix. als

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
ok I'm not familar with that location but any plug thats threaded in an engine is usually pipe thread. When you get the tap you will see the taper in it. Just clean up the thread and don't cut it any deeper. If you do you will have trouble sealing it up. The plugs get tight because of the taper. Don't use teflon tape on the plug get a liquid brush on thread sealer or use a loctite that also is listed to seal. International sells one called lock and seal. Most standard tap and die sets have one pipe thread tap in it. If you have of these it should be the right one.
Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts