Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 Dodge Spirit. I have found that there is alot of oil in the air filter box, and that the filter is soaked in it. what may cause that and what can I do to fix it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does not look to be blocked or restricted. i found that there is alot of oil coming from the valve cover through the hose into the air box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not. Im not sure how to do that either. I see that who ever owned the car befor me, used that orange liquid gasket maker for the valve cover. may that have something to do with it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
May we have the engine size, so we may look information up for you. I believe it sounds like it's a 2.2l or a 2.5l 4 cylinder engine by the way you described your last post.

·
Administrator
25,148 Posts
Oil in the airbox on a N/A engine will be caused by one of two things.
1)PCV System
2)Worn Rings
Since you have the valve cover off is there sludge buildup?
If it is in the valve cover it is in the entire engine.
Reinstall your valve cover and start the car.
Remove the PCV valve from its grommet and place your finger over the valve, do you feel suction?
(You need to verify engine vacuum is correct at a manifold source and at the PCV valve)
Be sure none of the PCV/breather hoses are split/collapsed/loose fitting and the breather filter in your air cleaner is clean and not restricted.
If all of the above are ok....
As stated above by midnighttoker remove the oil cap and breather tube from the air cleaner with the engine running.
If there are signs of smoke the problem is internal engine, usually rings.
A compression and cylinder leakdown test will be needed to verify.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts