Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is burning oil on start up and acceleration. I have oil in my bov and it is also around it and hitting the cai filter. I'm guessing it's the turbo? If it is I will just buy a new computer and hybrid turbo from fwd. It's not my daily driver anymore and is sitting in my garage. The top broke so I had to put it away and buy a new car. It's a 1989 t2 lebaron gtc. I've been told it is 2.5 by previous owner and awebsite I found. Thanks, Kyle.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
On a side note, If your car is a factory '89 GTC intercooled(T2) car, then it's a 2.2 motor. If it was a factory non-intercooled(T1), then it's a 2.5 motor.

That's only if it's still factory original.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it should be a 2.2, they told me the swapped the bottom end. I didn't do the cai, the end had nothing on it so I had put a Pitts air breathe filter on it so it wouldn't be getting bad air. It doesn't go into the air intake.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Do you have cruise control? If your vacuum source for the cruise control comes from your turbo you should tap you PCV valve into it and do away with the small cone filter. Here are come pic's on how some folks did it;

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts