Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just got the new bushings, and shaft in my vehicle... Now putting the pump on.. The I-Shaft works spins fine, the oil pump spins fine... When I put the Oil pump in the hole and tighten the bolts down, the shaft will no longer spin... It is very very hard to turn by hand... Is this normal???? Would love if someone who knows would call me to help me really quick...

Rob Harley
301-305-7242

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 89 Spirit ES, 96 Jeep XJ
5,937 Posts
Make sure the oil pump is mounting flush to the block. Sometimes they will end up tweaked slightly. It should be easy to turn by hand once everything is in place. Did you put plenty of assembly lube on all the moving parts?

·
[X]treme Aggression
1,881 Posts
is the helical gear binding on it?
spin it a few times and look for wear (put oil on the gear and see where the contact is, should be in the direct center of the helic)

i had that problem a couple years ago and i just took it out and put it back in and it worked fine for whatever reason.

t3's are picky lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
what was the fix to the problem jackson?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyones help... Got everything back on and working... Well have not run it... lol.. Somehow while sitting my oil pan gasket broke... I think my daughter stepped on it or something, I had it on the floor of the back of my garage.. Thinking no one will walk back here... LOL.. Leave it to a kid... haha... Anyhow, as soon as I get that on, it should be good... BIG THANKS TO JACKSON FOR THE CALL and everyone else too... Timing all done up just need to put the belt gauge on it tomorrow... Put the pan back on, put oil in, and make sure I didnt mess anything up with this install.. lol... Will keep it posted up in the other thread about the Ishaft and pump... Thanks again for everyones help, and thank you again Jackson!!!

BTW: I got all the slack out of the front.. Looks like it is perfect already.. Cant wait to put the gauge on it with the two wrenches and see where it come up too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts