Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting ready to put the t3/t4 50 trim i bought a while ago onto my car. i was going through all the parts that i bought to make sure i had everything and was wondering if the stock oil return would bolt right up to the turbo or if i had to buy another one. if i do indeed have to buy one which one did you buy and where did you guys get it from? thanks

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You are supposed to buy a new one, but I was able to get my stock one to work. I tilted the center section of the turbo forward a bit so the oil return lines up with the return. Ill post a picture for ya in a bit.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, a pic would be appreciated. the turbo was on larry's old spirit a long time ago and the center section is already tilted forward a little bit. i had been wondering why it was like that.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
i had to use the t3/t4 oil return tube and a piece of heater hose. the stock T3 return doesnt fit quite right as it tried it on mine first

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Here ya go. Looks like it will work just fine to me.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
when i had mine ready to hook up, i remember the return just having too harsh a turn to meet the fitting on the block. but like he says, he was able to rotate the housing to make it fit better. mine i just bought the T3/t4 hybrid return and was able to use a 5/8 heater house and fit up a lot better.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
When I clocked my turbo, it lined right up. It might be off to the side by maybe 1/2". The distance between the return off the turbo and the tube in the block was only like 2-3" so you dont need a very long peice of hose. I just used some extra hose I had around. I think it is 5/8". I was looking at it today and I am going to add a 2" tab to my stock turbo support bracket and it will line right up with the bottom bolt in my wastegate housing. Probably could get by without it, but the factory put them there for a reason.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
the return tube sizes are different, might hinder flow of oil back to the blokc, the T3/T4 line is a true 5/8 i think starting at the flange to bolt it up. the T3 one is smaller just letting you guys know

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
the return tube sizes are different, might hinder flow of oil back to the blokc, the T3/T4 line is a true 5/8 i think starting at the flange to bolt it up. the T3 one is smaller just letting you guys know
That wont make a difference though. If you are using a stock oil feed line, then the turbo wont be seeing a higher flow of oil. That means that the stock size oil return will be sufficient to drain the oil back to the pan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts