Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
90 daytona es

got the LC-1/XD16 wideband O2 sensor from fwdperformance

is it okay to install it in the stock location (i.e. replace the existing sensor with the wideband one?)

or will it get too hot there?

i REALLY dont want to have a bung installed on the 2.5" downpipe which i will be replacing very soon

·
Registered
270 Posts
What you really don't want is to ruin that $79 WB O2 Maybe it was your thread I just read one guy said at least 16" away from the turbo. I remember a while back reading that some one did ruin theirs and thought it was because of placement. Everything I've heard says to put it away from the turbo but I don't have one so...maybe not valid but just telling you what I heard Goodluck :thumb:

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Bungs are not expensive..I would suggest moving it as stated in my other relies to your inquiries. For a *short* period of time it should not be *too* much of an issue, but the longer you leave it there, the shorter the life of the sensor...

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
are you gonna wire the wideband into the stock computer O2 feed so that you car can run properly? i doubt it, that means leave the stock one in its place for the narrowband and stick the WBO2 in someplace about 18 inches after the stock location

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
its not the life of the sensor that really matters, but that it will give false readings if it overheats.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay okay sheesh ill move it :)

for what its worth: I already wired the wideband into the ECU to emulate the stock narrowband one, and it works great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have my w/b sensor 18" from the turbo on a 1986 T1. The instructions read to mount the sensor at least 36" if equipped with turbo, but the shop I had install it didn't read the instructions any further once they got to 18". They did angle it to keep the moisture off. The gauge is all over the place. It's been there for about 4 months. Is the Sensor cooked?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts