Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess that since I haven't been around on these forums and the whole Turbo Dodge scene in quite a while (5 years give or take), I should re-introduce myself.

My name is Marc Young, currently residing in Markham, Ontario, Canada. 34 years old, married with a 2 year 7 month old daughter. My daily driver is a 2003 silver PT Cruiser GT Turbo with Stage 1.

My Turbo Dodge car is a 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo which I purchased in 1993. It is black with red interior and I don't ever plan on selling it. I was out of the turbo dodge cars for a long time due to several reasons: got married, bought a house, no money to spend on the car, the car was in a state of perpetual work-in-progress.

The car is still in a work-in-progress, but this year, I am determined to get her back on the road. I think that it has been about 7 years since it was driven on the road and there have been numerous upgrades since then. Here are some pics:

Still on my To Do list:

-exhaust
-intake piping and intercooler
-mount the rad fan
-coolant overflow bottle
-install some sort of thermostat
-figure out some electronic glitches, turn signal/hazard lights don't flash, radio intermittantly works
-headlights
-long wheel studs need to be installed
-needs new tires
-need brake service
-fix drivers side door handles front and rear
-lexan window for rear hatch
-want a fuel cell
-want new sway bars
-want a front and rear strut tower brace
-PAINT PAINT PAINT

As you can see, lots to keep me busy over the next little while. I think that I'll just concentrate on getting it roadworthy first before doing any more upgrades.

Marc

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome back Marc:thumb: Masi motor in an L body?? Craziness man:D

Got some specs on that turbo? I see the turbonetics casting mark on the compressor housing yet you are using the stock Masi manifold:cool: Can't tell, did you flange that manifold?

Weren't you in Florida back in the day?

Alan

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Nice to have you. Very cool project.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure how well those breathers work as I haven't had the car running for any great length of time.

Welcome back Marc:thumb: Masi motor in an L body?? Craziness man:D

Got some specs on that turbo? I see the turbonetics casting mark on the compressor housing yet you are using the stock Masi manifold:cool: Can't tell, did you flange that manifold?

Weren't you in Florida back in the day?

Alan
Only time I've been in Florida is on vacation (been there 3 times).

T3/T4 hybrid, stage III on the exhaust side, 0.70 A/R with an S-trim wheel I believe. It has been quite a while since I purchased this turbo so my specs might be off. Here are some pics of the turbo and the adaptor plate to use the stock Maserati exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
have you looked into finishing this exhaust up on the car? i had a hybrid like that and had my exhaust done not long ago, ATP turbo makes a nice adapter for the internal gate and a 3in Vband then its just having a shop make you a pipe to meet up to the v-band like i did on my daytona. i plan on doing the 16V tc motor into my Rampage possibly very soon wondered about the radiator because it looks really tight in that picture with the intake manifold and i wondered what radiator you are running with

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been trying to find something to finish the exhaust on the car for the past year or so. I was thinking of having the downpipe custom made, 2.5" to 3" and then going with a 3" mandrel bent exhaust. The problem for me is that the turn from the turbo down to where the downpipe would run is very tight and would need to look like a question mark. Can you hook me up with a link to that ATP turbo adapter? How much did it run ya? Any pics? Curious to know if it would fit in there.

As for my rad, it is from an 80's Audi Quattro with A/C (4 core). Not sure of the exact year but I think that it was 84 or 85. I got a deal on it, $175 if I remember correctly. $400 was the list on it. The parts manager at VW bought it for his Audi Quattro but something happened to his car and he no longer needed it. I needed something that would fit underneath the upper rad support as there isn't room for the stock rad with the intake on the front. The rad just fits in there on an L-Body with very little room on the alternator side and we had to cut out a bit near the drivers side headlight. She's a big sucker but I'm hoping that will all that capacity, it will keep the engine temps in check. Let me know if you need some other photos, I can e-mail you higher resolution ones of any areas you need.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
ATP TURBO - The Premiere Provider of Turbocharging Components its called the ultimate internal wastegate, it should fit, its gonna be a lot of cutting and tigging to get the right bend to get it out from there and under the car. my dayton has like an S bend almost that was cut and pieced and tigged a few times to get it out from the engine area and down and under.

then you get the V -banded 90 elbow and the rest is fabrication

sounds like my radwork is gonna be fun along with my turbo, i may do as you and drill holes and try to mount my GM3 diesel turbo to it, possibly if i can get it to fit and go where it has to

1 - 12 of 12 Posts