Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm having a party here with my Omni trying to figure out all the electrical glitches and problems ;)

Here are the symptoms,

Starter won't work when switch is turned to on. (Checked all grounds, all splices, fusable links etc. ended bypassing the ignition switch with a start button. - Suspected Culprit: Ignition Switch)

My question is: Will a bad Ignition Switch cause havoc with the following:

- Wipers
- Flashers
- Brake Lights
- Maybe Radio (I don't have one installed, but I feel like it wouldn't work.)

??

I'm thinking that it might, however not too sure. My parking lights do come on, as well as my Headlights, and Dash lights. Heater Fan works, so there might just be a bad ground... but .. I kinda think the ignition switch is my problem.

Can anyone back me up here?! Give any ideas ?!

Thanks! I want to get this car out in the streets, but I can't without any brake lights :p

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
brake lights are not wired thru ignition switch. Turn signal are 4 way flashers are not wipers are.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Found problem for brake lights, was a cut wire on the way to the lights...

Then it would explain why my flashers don't flash....

What a mess... thanks Charger R/T

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
your welcome did you figure anything alse out? does your wiper motor have the ground strap going from one of the mounting bolts to a rivet on the plate? They have issues. I take 2 self drilling screws and run one into the plate and the other into the firewall and create a new strap for it. impact gun works good with these screws.
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts