Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about ready to pop these back in the tail panel of my GLH. I have purchased butyl to seal these to the tail panel but my question is concerning the 4 clips on each of the taillight panel/lenses. Do I install the clips before I slip them into place OR do I put them on after ??? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is a delicate balance of butyl thickness to clip engagement. I installed the clips on the light assemblies and applied the butyl around the corresponding "contact face" and pushed them into place. I also filled the top gap of the lense to the body to channel water away from any potential leak points into the trunk. Turned out really nice. It's amazing that Mopar used this method but it seems to work considering the 100's of thousands Omni/Horizons made. As an aside, I removed the 1/8" metallic silver border on each lense.....gives a cleaner look in my opinion.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I agree about the chrome trim on the taillights. A low mileage GLHT I bought from Nic K. had the ignition key switch chrome bezel blacked out like other models along with all the key locks, along with powdercoated antenna and mast trim. On a couple of my GLHT's I powdercoated the entire door handle instead of having the blacked out decal. That chrome Pentastar was powdercoated black too on some of my GLHT's.
All these tiny changes hardly anyone notices, but makes the purists butthole pucker (lol).:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
248 Posts
I agree about the chrome trim on the taillights. A low mileage GLHT I bought from Nic K. had the ignition key switch chrome bezel blacked out like other models along with all the key locks, along with powdercoated antenna and mast trim. On a couple of my GLHT's I powdercoated the entire door handle instead of having the blacked out decal. That chrome Pentastar was powdercoated black too on some of my GLHT's.
All these tiny changes hardly anyone notices, but makes the purists butthole pucker (lol).:ROFLMAO:
I really like how 'Intercooled' is in the fender trim, very nice subtle touch! Is that one lowered a bit? Seems the fender to tire clearance is tight.

·
Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
248 Posts
I petition we replace the grey GLH at the page header with Todd's Sante-Fe Blue GLH!

·
Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
248 Posts
Hey...that's my GLHT !!!!! :mad:...well it was mine....sold it a few years back....but the restoration was all me !!
Sorry, did not mean to ruffle any feathers! From the pictures you did a great job on the restoration. I like how you put the boost gage in the vent.

My brother had a '85 Grey GLH, the Iowa winters did not take long to turn it to dust. One of the best memories was he put a set of Blizzacks on steels for winter driving. We had gotten alot of snow, had a friend that live in the country. We were doing laps around the house through the snow. We finally got stuck, because so much snow was packed underneath, it lifted the tires off the ground! Miss those good times!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sorry, did not mean to ruffle any feathers! From the pictures you did a great job on the restoration. I like how you put the boost gage in the vent.

My brother had a '85 Grey GLH, the Iowa winters did not take long to turn it to dust. One of the best memories was he put a set of Blizzacks on steels for winter driving. We had gotten alot of snow, had a friend that live in the country. We were doing laps around the house through the snow. We finally got stuck, because so much snow was packed underneath, it lifted the tires off the ground! Miss those good times!
No worries....sold it quite a few years ago now.....but proud to have it showing up in the banner.....I like the idea of rotating in a few different cars into the baner though....not knowng how much work that would entai thoughl.....lots of great cars out there !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Todd:
I really like that blacked out look you did with the door handles.
It looks like it came that way from Chrysler.
And I like the subtle "intercooled" logo on the fender trim piece too.
Nice touch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts