Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base model Horizon(handling that is). What parts off what cars can I put on this to make it handle better on the cheap I.E no KYB's or hi dollar springs. Just your basic this had that, use it to do this.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
Criag you really need stiffer springs:nodding: The struts and shocks are to aid in stablizing the responce the springs and tires take on with bumps and dips in the pavement. The shocks/struts are important for what they do, but the one's you have on hand I think would do more wonder's then you may think with a stiff spring.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have a new set of lowered L body springs from FWD I never put on. Went with coilovers instead. $200 obo shipped.

Front and rear from LRE. $325 total from FWD.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
They've been sitting in my garage for a while now, never put em on the car. I can post pics for those interested.

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
well of course the simplest and cheapest would be to upgrade from "base" to "GLH" level springs & sway bar(s)

you should be able to get GLH (or identical SC) springs for 20-40/pr (I have some FS)

you could also trim a coil or 1.5 from your stock springs which will lower your car *and* stiffen the spring, both aiding in handling (and free)

then upgrading to at least 14" wheels (maybe some charger 2.2 'road' wheels) with e.g. 185/60-14 or better yet GLH/SC spec with 15x6 pizza wheels and 195/50 or 195/60-15s will help A LOT in handling

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
wont cutting the springs give you more of an ocean liner effect? Unless you add new shocks, the reduced rate will make the car bounce a lot, no?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got the 185/60-14's off a Geo storm now, Can't go to low on the springs or the header might bottom out on a good Oklahoma road.So Let me get back to you on the those, I've got a deal working to get a few bucks. As for the wheels... I bought a 1984 Shelby N/A new(wish i still had it) the handling on that thing was great!!!!!! I believe it pulled a .9 on the skid pad. Anyway the 4 lug Pizza's are hard to come by, I have a good friend that has a few 5 lugs he's offered but really don't want to change the hubs, I'm still looking for the 4 luggers. What about boxing the rear channel with some angle? I noticed when chancing the shocks the other day that it's has quite a bit of flex. Keep it coming guy more ideas the better TIA

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I know that if you are looking for a set of 15" rims, I know that I have a set that were from what I think is a Saturn, but they are 15x6 I think.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I am pretty sure that they are aluminum, it is either that or magnesium, I know that they are not steel.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Could do a set of coilovers and neon suspension in front. That's how I did my Rampage.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
it is almost like the first one, and if there were true, then they are really light then in comparison to the 5-lug 15" wheels. And these are 15"x6" so they would be comparable to the other TD rims.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts