Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 89 CSX. Rebuilt the engine, put everything back, changed map, baro, tps, o2, injectors, vacum lines ect... Generally cleaned everything up and renewed some important items. New turbo as well. This thing throws a map code 13, baro read 61 (I think) then a throttle volt code 24, then an o2 code 51. Now were are back to a code 23 tb temp/charge sensor. This thing idles like crap, runs worse. 48 lbs of fuel pressure, injectors firing nice, no vacum leaks. Been messing with this thing for a month and cant get it to run. Any ideas? Anybody in the western Washington state area that can give me a hand?

·
Registered
255 Posts
First of all, dont worry. 9 times out of 10 after a rebuild, codes just mean you forgot to plug something in or a sensor got damaged in the reconstruction.

is there vacuum going to the map. when you rev the engine, does it rev up to like 3,000 and stumble? even if the map is connected to the vacuum line, physically pull it off when its running and see if it runs any different. put your finger over the hose and feel for the vacuum. I had this happen once and i found out there was a check valve in the line preventing the vacuum from reaching the map or fpr after rerouting some vacuum lines. But when you unplug it and it doesn't run any different, you found your problem.

Code 24 might be the Throttle position sensor. You should be able to test the resistance with a multimeter. do a search for instructions.

as for code 23, it is probably just still in the memory from when you set the ignition timing and unplugged te temp sensor.

O2 code could be caused by the MAP being unplugged or TPS giving the wrong reading causing the car to run rich maybe. just a guess. Anyone second this theory?

Hope this helps. Give us more details about how it runs and stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts