Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around to see how cheap they got, besides the fact they are unsafe i discovered another reason not to buy them, you dont know the spring rates which could be a problem, think about it 400lb on the front of an omni with stock struts? dont think so. so i figured id ask the seller if they knew, heres what i got.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

To: **********@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Coilovers
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:35:14 -0600

It Can Be Lower between 1-4" simply by adjusting the locking perche

----------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email protected]
Subject: Coilovers
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:59:03 -0400

I was looking at you auction for coilovers for a Toyota

Tercel...eBay Motors: 95 96 97 98 99 TOYOTA TERCEL LOWERING COILOVERS SPRING (item 160231335584 end time Apr-20-08 18:43:28 PDT)

I was wondering what the spring rates were for these, front and back.

Ill be ordering a set if you can get back with the spring rates.

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

so that makes me really iffy about buying any of these cheap ebay parts. what do you guys think? i didnt bother emailing the guy back explaining what i meant by spring rates...

·
Registered
631 Posts
He's an idiot if he doesn't know the difference between spring rates and ride height. If they can produce a spec sheet or something like that then maybe. I ordered some for my Eclipse a long time ago and they seemed to work great. And they had posted the spring rates right on the e-bay page.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea ill ask for a spec sheet, i really want to get these for the horizon, im still a bit skeptical... im not sure yet. But yea gondt sell it if you dont know it in my opinion.

ive purchased cheap exhaust systems ($100 for full catback) that sort of thing, and had no problems with them. strut bars that sort of thing but im just not sure of the handling aspect of my car it could be a safety issue but really im not concerned... so i might still get em.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was actually looking into going that route, im kinda liking the koni setup from FWD-P but unfortunately i dont have dough.

which one is more straight foward, the tercel coilovers or the talon/eclipse?

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
i was actually looking into going that route, im kinda liking the koni setup from FWD-P but unfortunately i dont have dough.

which one is more straight foward, the tercel coilovers or the talon/eclipse?
there both going to take some fab work to get to work. on my kit i have to use a 1inch spacer in the back due to the adjuster being to short.. and in the front i had to cut the top guarde off the strut to slide the adjuster over it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
there both going to take some fab work to get to work. on my kit i have to use a 1inch spacer in the back due to the adjuster being to short.. and in the front i had to cut the top guarde off the strut to slide the adjuster over it.
X2!
I didnt go for the spacer, I just had to adjust the perches all the way up in the back, and the guard on the front has to be removed, quick work with a cutoff wheel, slower work with a big screwdriver and vicegrips.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
X2!
I didnt go for the spacer, I just had to adjust the perches all the way up in the back, and the guard on the front has to be removed, quick work with a cutoff wheel, slower work with a big screwdriver and vicegrips.
:p it is some work. i had no choice my car was still used for family for awhile there so it had to be higher. and my adjusters were at the top..and i used a "saws-all" on mine. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have a set for sale if anyone wants them (blue), never installed. I bought them on E-bay for my GLH but never used them.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
check your pm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts