Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i would like to thank Shayne from Turbo mopar for doing all the welding on this intake.

I took a one piece and cut the top, neck and lowered the runners and sent it B.c to get welded up. I followed Boost Geeks thread to get all the great info i needed.

It has a neck from a 3.3 v6 dynasty and shane made sure to leave 3 inches from flange to intake opening. I also opened the Tb flange to 60mm for a 58mm Tb. I cant compare before and after because i have built a new engine and went with a he351.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
that is a nice looking modded one piece, welds look clean

if you post how you did it i might stick this for future reference for other who venture down this path

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is a nice looking modded one piece, welds look clean

if you post how you did it i might stick this for future reference for other who venture down this path
I thought the pics would tell all?

Ohwell it works hand in hand with my 2.5 and Holset he351, the boost comes on at 3200 and full 28 psi at 4200 rpm.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
what headwork do you have done?

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
from what I'm seeing I think you should scrap the head choice. The intake is not going to want to work with low volume out of boost. The the runners are short enough and the plenum is large enough to feed a good head. So I would port a +1 valve G head and run a cam in it like the f4. I have to say it is as rare as sighting bigfoot to see too much intake on a 8v lol. Still go G head and plan for past 20 PSI with your setup. With a G head it should work good at 30 PSI

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what I'm seeing I think you should scrap the head choice. The intake is not going to want to work with low volume out of boost. The the runners are short enough and the plenum is large enough to feed a good head. So I would port a +1 valve G head and run a cam in it like the f4. I have to say it is as rare as sighting bigfoot to see too much intake on a 8v lol. Still go G head and plan for past 20 PSI with your setup. With a G head it should work good at 30 PSI

So pope how did your 2.5 with a He351 and an intake, head like mine work for you?

I have not seen it or heard about it............?

I went with a 782 head because of the timing issues G heads have with big boost, i did not go +1 valves beacuse i want to do a back to back test and see how much hp/tq it will make. I'am going to buy a head from Steve m over the winter.

Everybody says " dont do that" or " I would have done this instead" with out any hands on experience.

I wanted to try something different and know first hand what it would do.

This engine combo hits boost fast and pulls so hard, i do not regret going with a G head at this time.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
So pope how did your 2.5 with a He351 and an intake, head like mine work for you?

I have not seen it or heard about it.............
You got me there, I haven't gone through the large amount of expense and trouble of a big plenum intake and HE351 and everything to use both and bolted them to a $50 head lol. Nor will you see me running a 1 piece stock intake on one of my big valve heads. Because I'm not willing to test them? That isn't a test, it is a waste of time and money.

The point of the forum is knowledge. If you don't want to listen to anyone that is your decission. That head will flow maybe 140. The intake isn't going to help that as it will create some drag and lower the number to 130, up from 122 with a stock intake. Then with a good head will run between 150-160 CFM, making it worth it.

Tell the truth, you needed to throw the thing together to get back and forth to work, something like that. Everyone knows you can't "test" how a high flow intake works with a near stock head, nor "test" a big valve head with a near stock intake. Because they need each other to flow right, but that's just obvious so I'm sure you know that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You got me there, I haven't gone through the large amount of expense and trouble of a big plenum intake and HE351 and everything to use both and bolted them to a $50 head lol. Nor will you see me running a 1 piece stock intake on one of my big valve heads. Because I'm not willing to test them? That isn't a test, it is a waste of time and money.

The point of the forum is knowledge. If you don't want to listen to anyone that is your decission. That head will flow maybe 140. The intake isn't going to help that as it will create some drag and lower the number to 130, up from 122 with a stock intake. Then with a good head will run between 150-160 CFM, making it worth it.

Tell the truth, you needed to throw the thing together to get back and forth to work, something like that. Everyone knows you can't "test" how a high flow intake works with a near stock head, nor "test" a big valve head with a near stock intake. Because they need each other to flow right, but that's just obvious so I'm sure you know that.
Thanks for the info, no it wasnt thrown togher to use it to get back and forth to work lol.

I tried something new a different and i get told to scrap it, How did everybody know what engine combos work and dont work? They try new combos. if you dont test different pieces knowbody will ever know works and dont work.

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
i like turtles.... just sayin
really i see both sides of the fence here, i see what your trying to do and agree to a certain point but i also see what pope is saying and agree with that too. i didnt read anything(maybe i missed it) that you were told to throw the stuff in the trash and start over, everyone is just offering advise, take it or leave it, it's up to you to decide that.:dancing:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOl all you mods and admins suck on the same **** , is that why agree with him? I didnt see you holset build or know of your back ground knoledge at all.

Thats my opion take it or leave it.

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
just because i lack a build thread doesnt mean i havent built. i've bee building turbo 2.2's since 1990 and still own my log intercooled s/c that ran [email protected] mph in 1992-93. and that was all done well before "holset"era and well before custom cal's.
i didnt come here to give or take heat, just offer a different thought is all, i too went down the road your going, trying different stuff(fwd turbo's) when the world was still in love with the mighty v-8's, i got told a number of times why bother? it's a waste of time, your blowing your money on that junk, etc,etc. so i know where you are coming from, but to lash out at me when i only offered a different view of being able to see both sides of the fence is ****poor to say the least. and by the way, i got 23 years under my belt in the shop for a living and am still here, master certified for the last 15 years. there's my backound knowledge, where's yours other then on your own rides?

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
i like turtles.... just sayin
really i see both sides of the fence here, i see what your trying to do and agree to a certain point but i also see what pope is saying and agree with that too. i didnt read anything(maybe i missed it) that you were told to throw the stuff in the trash and start over, everyone is just offering advise, take it or leave it, it's up to you to decide that.:dancing:
yup I didn't say anything about the intake in a negative way, the thing he spent time on. Just that it is basically a waste of time with a $50 head bolted to it lol. The intake will help the stock head, but at a fraction of what it would do with the right head.

I am at a loss on the whole Holset build as being any different than another larger than stock turbo..... How does a Holset make it a completely different build?

People used to flame anyone that did any intake work what so ever. They did because Gary D said intake work was a waste of time, and for no other reason. Today it is well known that the intake needs to be done right, with the head. 10 years ago everyone was told to go with a big valve head and a stock intake, that is sticking your head in the sand and not moving forward. So don't try to put off all this on people defending me, I haven't said anything un true.

·
Registered
557 Posts
personally i think this is awesome. People post pictures on here because they are proud of their work and would like someone else to say the same thing.....

keep up the good work! I would run that intake maybe with a different setup but i like it

·
Registered
191 Posts
speedfreek500 is cool, aleast he posts his work and details it. unlike some people who cant work a point and shoot camera? geez! its not the 1980s!

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Keep it clean or it will be closed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts