Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming come from dirt biking in southern Ohio this weekend, up Interstate 75, in my Ram. Just me with my quad in the bed. I notice someone in a early 90's Oldsmobile Delta 88 coming up behind me at a pretty good clip. He passes me and I look over to see an older guy buy himself with a whole bunch of crap stuffed into his car (computor monitor riding shotgun on the front seat). We got caught up in some slower trafic & somehow I ended up in front of him again. When trafic cleared, he was on my bumper, waiting for me to move over into the slow lane. So I moved over thinking, if he trys to pass me I'm going to show him what this Hemi will do! He tromped it and I went back into 4th at about 75-80 and floored it. To my amazement that old bird kept on pulling on me till I hit the speed limiter at 105 and he drove on by! :confused:

I couldn't help but grin watching him drive on down the road in front of me... ya gotta watch out for them old guys out there! LOL He probably is telling all his buddies at the VFW right now about this punk in a Ram.... :)

(time to twin turbo the Hemi)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Vern, the 455 is runnin' HOT tonight! With the right motor and rear gears those older GM sedans lope along very nicely and have some top end. Dad had a 350, 4bbl, mid 2.something rear end equipped LeSabre when we lived at WPAFB and I would open 'er up on I-75,I-70, 675...or whatever was available on occassion. Not a TD, but a free alternative that met the need. Nice story,brings back the 'Buckeye' memories

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya... I had a few of those myself, but this was an early 90's model!
Probably a 3.1L, 3.4L, or 3.8L? I don't know for sure? But she ran pretty good! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I saw the 2 tail lights rotate inwards, replaced by what appeared to be solid rocket boosters, I knew I was in trouble. LOL But when he hit the igniter button, and 6' of flames shot out the back, it removed all doubt! Now I know why he was wearing the neck brace! ;)

I'd say he was in his early 60's :cool:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
TRRBOJEEP said:
When I saw the 2 tail lights rotate inwards, replaced by what appeared to be solid rocket boosters, I knew I was in trouble. LOL But when he hit the igniter button, and 6' of flames shot out the back, it removed all doubt! Now I know why he was wearing the neck brace! ;)

I'd say he was in his early 60's :cool:
No flux capacitor??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Some of those '90's Delta 88's and Roadmasters were equipped with a serious Chevy V8 similar to the Impala SS. Gotta watch them, they'll sneak by you very quickly.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I dont know what this is about lol he was in a car and you were in a truck with a bike in the back at that... I have smoked hemi rams in my 93 Daytona ES 3.0 but you had a reason for losing heavier vehicle and you have a bike in the back causing some HELLAIOUS drag..

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,454 Posts
Just keep in mind, some of us older guys have had and do have some serious hot rods. Many of us believe in "sleepers". I had an F150 that ran a 13 flat with 3.25 gears and 235/75-15 truck radials. Until it was opened up, other than the twin tailpipes on the right rear corner, you really couldn't tell. Maybe if it was a FWD Delta, he had put a late Park Avenue 3800 with supercharger in it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My brother's Park Avenue Ultra ran a 15.3 straight stock the other day. Damn thing probably weighs about the same as a Ram too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
i'm thinking a mildly modified Delta 88 LSS with the Series-II L67.

--------------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'89 Lebaron GTS - 2.2 Intercooled Turbo II, A555 5-speed - 1 of 268, 178whp/217wtq @ 14psi
'91 Cutlass Supreme sedan - 3.1 Intercooled Turbo, HM-282 5-speed - project/fun car
'94 Bonneville SSE - 3800 Tuned Port, HM-4T60E - daily driver

·
Registered
526 Posts
cadmanspd said:
Some of those '90's Delta 88's and Roadmasters were equipped with a serious Chevy V8 similar to the Impala SS. Gotta watch them, they'll sneak by you very quickly.

'90s Delta 88s never came with the LT1. the Roadmaster did though.
--------------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'89 Lebaron GTS - 2.2 Intercooled Turbo II, A555 5-speed - 1 of 268, 178whp/217wtq @ 14psi
'91 Cutlass Supreme sedan - 3.1 Intercooled Turbo, HM-282 5-speed - project/fun car
'94 Bonneville SSE - 3800 Tuned Port, HM-4T60E - daily driver

·
Registered
196 Posts
Couldn't remember which platform the Delta88 was on... Series-II L67's do the job though. What's also funny is that the Cadillac Fleetwood came with the LT1, talk about some serious go power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts