Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I had to swap one for a no start (corroded bottom of BCM) but back in the day I'm thinking I used any BCM from any G-body (V-6 ect) and just matched premium or base module.

Does this sound right?

·
Administrator
3,982 Posts

·
Administrator
24,273 Posts
You can post them, they came from the 1990 AG/AJ Body Diagnostics FSM.
The only things I do not post publicly are images/info from pay to use sites such as Alldata or Mitchell.

As far as telling them apart...
According to the listings in the Chrysler Parts Catalog only AJ used a Premium BCM, guessing AG did not come with EVIC or Electronic Cluster.

BCM Parts #'s...
1990 Base - 4503112 (AG/AJ)
1990 Premium - 4503020 (AJ Only)

1991 Base - 5266116 (AG/AJ)
1991 Premium - 5266117 (AJ Only)

The part #'s change again in 92, are they all the same with superseded #'s or different???

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can post them, they came from the 1990 AG/AJ Body Diagnostics FSM.
The only things I do not post publicly are images/info from pay to use sites such as Alldata or Mitchell.

As far as telling them apart...
According to the listings in the Chrysler Parts Catalog only AJ used a Premium BCM, guessing AG did not come with EVIC or Electronic Cluster.

BCM Parts #'s...
1990 Base - 4503112 (AG/AJ)
1990 Premium - 4503020 (AJ Only)

1991 Base - 5266116 (AG/AJ)
1991 Premium - 5266117 (AJ Only)

The part #'s change again in 92, are they all the same with superseded #'s or different???
That would be bizarre, no? That no G-body came with the premium BCM? I would have guessed most of mine Were premium, simply because they had the power lock/ alarm security. Maybe more to this than meets the eye.

It could explain why they always worked though. Can't remember even swapping a good BCM in to replace a bad one and having any issues.

·
Administrator
24,273 Posts
I guess the only way to tell if AG has/had a Premium BCM would be to see how many wires are in the "Natural Connector".

·
Administrator
24,273 Posts
I may be "Old School" but I was always taught by Old Racers and Other Knowledgeably People that "Real" Performance Enthusiasts only use "Analog Gauges" since it is easier to watch and gather information on what is happening "now" by watching a needle than a bunch of numbers constantly changing.

I stick to that to this day.
Sure, a digital gauge/cluster may be "prettier" and more "impressive" to look at but gauges are there to impart information to the driver, not look pretty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts