• shelbyssrts 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger

Votes: 9 40.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Alrighty it is now time to vote for your favorite ride to be titled Car of the Month! Thank you to everyone that entered this month to get 'er off the ground! If you want to see more pics of each ride see the JANUARY ENTRY THREAD.​

yellonoma's 1988 Dodge Aries-K

boostedwagon's 1990 Consulier GTP targa LX

signsoflife22's 1987 Shelby GLHS #896

Aries1989's 1990 Consulier GTP

shelbyssrts 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger

· Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol thanks Moose! I didn't exactly expect the poll results to lead they way they are at the moment haha, but my vote goes to a consulier, I can't decide which one yet though!

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Lol thanks Moose! I didn't exactly expect the poll results to lead they way they are at the moment haha, but my vote goes to a consulier, I can't decide which one yet though!
I had to break my L-body streak this month and vote for Aries1989's red Consulier... It's just a downright awesome looking car.:thumb:

· Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got your back boostedwagon, I just can't deny a photogenic targa Consulier... dammit i'm jealous!!

Something I noticed boostedwagon, curious what's up with the front wheel well/fenders, looks different than Aries1989's, or is it just painted black like that?

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
No love for the "Under Construction" GLHS huh?

Well, maybe this will get a couple votes for it:
(a little mock-up stuff. lol)
I love the car, and I am subscribed to your thread so I know when you update it... I'm sure you'll feel the love as it gets close to completion.

I posted several in process photos of my Scamp, and it didn't get a lot of attention. Then BOOM! Posted picts the day I finished it, and won COTM that very month!!!:thumb:

It'll come man, it'll come...:D

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Something I noticed boostedwagon, curious what's up with the front wheel well/fenders, looks different than Aries1989's, or is it just painted black like that?
It was done for aerodynamics. Either less drag, or more downforce... there was a reason they did it. I remember reading the discussion over on TM.com... I'll have to see if I can find it...

:bang head dang it sucks getting older...

· Registered
2,534 Posts
I love the car, and I am subscribed to your thread so I know when you update it... I'm sure you'll feel the love as it gets close to completion.

I posted several in process photos of my Scamp, and it didn't get a lot of attention. Then BOOM! Posted picts the day I finished it, and won COTM that very month!!!:thumb:

It'll come man, it'll come...:D
I won one back in Sept 2013 when I was even earlier in the build than I am now.
I entered here because it was getting late, and there weren't enough entries.

But when my GLHS is done, it'll surely win a few of these, and maybe even car of the year(one of these years lol)

It was done for aerodynamics. Either less drag, or more downforce... there was a reason they did it. I remember reading the discussion over on TM.com... I'll have to see if I can find it...

:bang head dang it sucks getting older...
scamp! getting old is great!
We've become the guys to help the newcomers.
We now can answer clearly, with knowledge through experience,
questions like this:
"What do I do when my headlight switch melts?" lol :thumb:

· Registered
55 Posts
I got your back boostedwagon, I just can't deny a photogenic targa Consulier... dammit i'm jealous!!

That was a change from early to late cars, mine was apparently made before his. I never heard why, must have been an aero thing, and all the Series 2 ones have that same not round wheel arch.

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
scamp! getting old is great!
We've become the guys to help the newcomers.
We now can answer clearly, with knowledge through experience,
questions like this:
"What do I do when my headlight switch melts?" lol :thumb:
Yeah, I still have a long way to go on the turbo's though... I cut my teeth on carbed 2.2's, so that's my area of expertise. I'm learning the turbo stuff, just have to keep absorbing the info on this site...

Dang, I gotta watch what I quote. I couldn't see your latest picture from work. That is one MASSIVE turbo, can you stick you head in that inlet?

Yes, with the cut out shape, less air was trapped in there. Made it faster around the track.
I knew there was an aero reason for it! Warren didn't do anything for looks... just couldn't remember, or find the discussion...

I like your car as well, especially the cross country trip you took to SDAC last year. Warren would be proud...:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.