Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 daytona, was doing some work to the floor boards and like an idiot i cut the fuel lines. Any suggestions. Can i get them pre bent? Any help would be appreciated thanks

Mike

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
How about a short piece of hose with hose clamps? My be able to find a replacement via the parts wanted section.

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
I would sujest a flare on each side of your cut - just a section of hose clamped on is likely to blow off with the pressure of the fuel pump pushing against it

flares with fittings and unions might be a better idea still but I'm not sure what kind of internal pressure they will take

hopefully someone else will chime in here

·
Registered
557 Posts
yeah get a simple compression union kit if the line is in good condition. the compression fitting doesn't need to be flared because it comes with two beads that act like flares. i used it on my brake lines for a quick fix until i ran new lines...works great

dont feel bad it always happens to me when im cutting the floor boards

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
dont use compression fittings!!!!!!!!!!!! you need to flare both sides and install line nuts before the flaring and then flare, then install a union, that is a proper repair that will last for years, not just until the car catches fire and burns to the ground from a leaking compression fitting.

·
Registered
557 Posts
if he is doing the floor pans the best way would be to run new lines.(because its rusted im sure) i never had a proplem with my compression fitting on my brake line which is alot higher psi? a compression fitting is only good if you cut the line flush to the bead but thats not hard

but flaring the line is better

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
the use of compression fittings here in pa is illegal for brake and fuel, they were never installed at the factory with them and every car that has them installed fail state inspection here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts