Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted pictures of my Omni last summer when I purchased it, but now its time for some some progress pictures.

Here she is last summer when I got it.

And here is whats going in.

And here are a bunch of pictures from putting the motor in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
sweet, :thumb:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a few of the parts I have gatherd for this thing. No updated pictures of the project though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some more.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far the setup will be this:

87 T2 Longblock
Rod shifted 555 transmission with heim joint linkage
T2/T3 clutch
3" swing valve
3" downpipe and exhaust
Ported exhaust manifold
G-body Rad/IC setup
Turbo XS BOV
+20's
AFPR
Grainger @ 15psi
GLHS Konis
3 Bar Map

Thats the way I am going to run it for now. After I get bored with it, I may add a devils own kit and crank the boost. I would like this to look exactly like a T2 Omni would have come from the factory if they ever built one.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who did make the heim joint linkage? :)This could work out where I dont have to cut into my GLH floor!

I take it the exhaust is porter stocker and 3" from S/V to bumper?
The linkage was done by "boosted". Its a great setup if you dont want to cut your car up. Yeah, its a ported stock manifold. And yeah, 3" from the sv back. :)

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
The linkage was done by "boosted". Its a great setup if you dont want to cut your car up. Yeah, its a ported stock manifold. And yeah, 3" from the sv back. :)
Is he on here or the other forum? I have to contact him LOL.

I have a good feeling about the way your GLHT is going to run, and sound!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is he on here or the other forum? I have to contact him LOL.

I have a good feeling about the way your GLHT is going to run, and sound!
Yeah, he is on here.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah looks very nice, But its still sad to see a RARE numbered Shelby lose more of its unique parts to a non numbered car.
Devin, are you serious? If memory serves me correctly, you have attempted to part TWO numbered shelby cars in the last six months, while I am only borrowing parts from one of my cars to use on another. So keep your "save the Shelby cars" speech for another time.

Nice...wanna see more pics of that Challenger though!...lol
As for the challenger, it's nothing to brag about. 72 Rallye car with a 340 4 speed. Could be a fun car, but my brother is just going to piece it together and flip it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I had a few hours to monkey around with the Omni today, and I decided I really wanted to hear it run. So I finished getting all the major wiring harness hooked up, got the fuel lines hooked up, and sure enough she fired up the first try! :party2: After the oil pressure jumped up quickly, and the alternator showed it was charging, I shut her off just because I have a lot left to hook up. A friend is making me an adapter harness to plug into the tps and ais and fit right into the stock T1 plug, but I haven't got it yet. Plus I have yet to get the 87 LM installed in there yet. I fired it up using the 86 T1 LM which didn't seem to matter.

I managed to get the vacuum block and line hooked up. I figured out all my I/C hoses, got a lot of the wiring done on it, and even got my rad/ic installed. I still have a LOT to do, but overall the day was pretty productive.

Here are a few more pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i like what you have done w/ the bov.....nicely engineered.

stock glhs airbox next?

Actually the bov was sort of a last minute thing. I was at a local buddies house and he had a bunch of stuff he was going to sell and I noticed the dsm bov already mouted. I have a turbo xs bov I was going to use, but I didn't have a flange for it and I would have needed to find someone to weld it up for me. So simplicty won me over. As for the airbox, I am just going with a cone filter for now.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks. She is running again now even after I fooled around with all the wiring to swap to 87 electronics. I plan to install my aftermarket radiator fan tomorrow and then she should be ready to take out on the street for the maiden voyage. Here is how it turned out.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts