Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ...
Looking to maybe getting some opinions on why a head would be cracked this badly. it is cracked between the valves on each cylinder and several of the water passages. (90 vnt with 782 head) I don’t know much recent history as it is newly acquired.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Open mouth- insert foot. I should have searched the topic first as seeing it is quite common.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Brian,
As you've found out they are quite common to have cracks in those areas. Knowing that, the cracks between the valves CAN find a water jacket below the seat, but it is pretty rare. The biggest issue with the cracks IMO, is the seats lose some of their press fit in the head. It is rare, but you can drop a seat this way. If your not a gambling man, you can always have the head pressure checked for around $40-50 at many machine shops. Many people just peen the cracks lightly with a small hammer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the reply. I believe this is one that found a water jacket as I don’t see any failure in the head gasket and was pumping pressure in the coolant system.
Seems like a good time to put a performance head on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts