Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What 'battery group' should be used in an L-Body? 25, 75,25, other?

Has anyone used an Optima battery in an L-body in the stock location and if so, what model did you select and is the 'bottom heigth adjuster' that is often indicated as being required...required?

Thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
Optima batteries seem to be a waste of money, unless your mounting it inside your car or on its side don't bother with one.

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
They don't emit corrosive gases. Should see the top of the 10 year old one I have in my van, the terminals are spotless, they've never been cleaned, and they've never corroded. Turns out lead doesn't naturally turn into a chia pet. If you have a car you care about, that's a major selling point: Not having the battery eat the car's metal alive.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know about the no-fume factor on the Optima battery, I at least like the concept and would have to agree w/Una on that point. Im kinda chasing a charging system issue and uncovered this Optima thing. If they typically last a lot longer, have better cold CCA, fit correctly, and dont emit fumes and gasses that eat my precious Shelby, I'd be glad to pay a bit or quite a bit more...especially if it was just a hardier battery in general giving me longer engine off radio play, or the ability to drive higher currents assuming the alt is keeping up.

Im looking I guess more for facts and testimonials I guess, rather than the 8x10 color glossy marketing mumbojumbo-hype.

Like what size fits the L-body
Do I need the 'heigth adapter'
Is it really a hardier battery stronger and lasts longer

Remember Interstate batteries?

·
Registered
840 Posts
From my experince they aren't any better for cranking amps, nor do they last longer, i've removed more than i've installed, I work at a auto electrical shop, we sell optima and interstate batteries

1 - 6 of 6 Posts