Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
26,464 Posts
You need a scanner that can access the body control module.
If there are any fault codes you have to replace the compass/temperature module.
If there are no faults the problem lies in the ambient temp sensor, wiring or module.
Jump the 2 wires at the ambient temp sensor and see if the temp reading changes.

· Registered
3,679 Posts
I have never scanned my daytona with the roof console but on the vans I have with them I have never found data for the roof console using my snap on scanner. I don't know if the drb shows some but I have replaced the sender for the temp on all of my vans at one time or another one van twice. disconnecting the sensor should make the display read OC. or at least it does on my vans. Last sensor I bought was about 15-17 dollars at the dealer. I have since found them listed on Advances web site for 40 dollars. My daytona the sensor is located on the bottom of the radiator support.
Tim

· Registered
2,387 Posts
Why not check that sensor that is attached to the bottom of the rad. support. IIRC that calculates both compass and temp. It's probably aged and wore out. Heck, it might even be as easy as unplugging the sensor and making sure there isn't a buildup of dirt in there due to its location ont he vehicle.

· Registered
3,679 Posts
the sensor on the radiator support only does temp. The compass is done right in the roof console. just stick a magnet on the roof and watch it stop changing as you drive. (hint don't put a magnetic CB anttena on the roof too close to it ask me how I know)
Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.