Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else who uses Ebay has come across an occasional auction listing by Lotek Engineering for their door pillar pods?..They seem to sell for a fairly inexpensive price when they do go (its an open auction). Was wondering what they might want to charge if a blanket order was put in for a number of them. At this time I've only seen pods for the Shadow/Sundance. anyone interested?..this is their product.........

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will probably want one for future use, if they are inexpensive to start is it really worth
doing a blanket order?
Well.....I was just thinking that a volume order from them might lower the price to a set figure......on the the Ebay auction, I've watched them go from anywhere between $25 and $60 depending on how anxious the end buyer was to get one.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a reply from Lotek.......this is what was sent to me....the regular web price on this particular pod is $40US..... if *WE* put in an order for say.....a dozen of them , Lotek would cut the web price by 20%....$8.....for a price of $32 each...all pods would have to be paid for up front in full......they would ship them each to the addresses of the individual 12 buyers....if one wanted to instead.....they can watch the ebay auctions to see what a pod does bid for at auctions end...... (ship fees will depend on the location of the buyer). I've included a link to their website. Take a look......see what you think. www.gaugepods.com // Lotek Inc.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have one, but haven't stilled it yet.

I do know it isn't an exact fit. The pod doesn't have the lower extension that a p-body cover has.

My main concern with installing the pod in my convertible? The lower extension of the OEM part holds the drain tubes for my convertible's rain gutters.

I also had problems with the color. No where in the auction did they state I have a choice of colors. I mentioned that to them as part of an email about how this part really isn't for a p body. They told I should have asked for the correct color. The color of the pod is not even close to the OEM gray color.

later

·
Registered
658 Posts
When I went to the link and pulled up the pod for a Shadow for color choice it said black, paint to match color. I am assuming that means black only and it is up to you to paint it.
I know a lot of them only come in black the one in my Cummins is black and I left it black in a gray interior, it looks fine.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I received a light gray pod using ebay to buy.

When I went to the link and pulled up the pod for a Shadow for color choice it said black, paint to match color. I am assuming that means black only and it is up to you to paint it.
I know a lot of them only come in black the one in my Cummins is black and I left it black in a gray interior, it looks fine.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have one, but haven't stilled it yet.

I do know it isn't an exact fit. The pod doesn't have the lower extension that a p-body cover has.

My main concern with installing the pod in my convertible? The lower extension of the OEM part holds the drain tubes for my convertible's rain gutters.

I also had problems with the color. No where in the auction did they state I have a choice of colors. I mentioned that to them as part of an email about how this part really isn't for a p body. They told I should have asked for the correct color. The color of the pod is not even close to the OEM gray color.

later
Now...thats interesting......the auction DOES state that these are color matched for gray....just doesn't state...WHO'S color gray...I take then that these don't fit over the existing OEM pillar trim (thats what I was lead to believe)...you need to pull out the OEM trim and fit this into place...but the upper extension over the door & the lower molding that fits in beside the lower instrument panel is not there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts