Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i rember seeing some one with custom head lights for a p body, with clear lenses and 2 bosh light or something along thoes lines. all i know was it looked hot, any one have any info?

·
Registered
175 Posts
i would love to know where to get euro spec shadow headlights and clear side markers clear bumper turnsignals would be great also

·
Registered
971 Posts
Custom Headlights?.......as in......the early sealed beams?... or the later molded lenses?.....I came across a European spec Shadow this past summer when I was in Poland...it was a 90, the headlight bulbs were Halogen and the lenses were cut similar to the old CIBIE style. The young fellow driving it purchased the car in Germany, didn't look toooooo different from the outside, but lift the hood and the Turbo 1 (at least what WE call a Turbo 1) engine had an intercooler on it, this WAS a Shadow, not a CSX. Over in Europe, fuel mileage regulations don't exist as they do here, Reg fuel there is 95 octane, premium is 98 to 100 depending on where you are, and the engines there are tuned for the gasoline there. Hmmmmm, to bring that back home

·
Registered
50 Posts
i know i rember seeing some one with custom head lights for a p body, with clear lenses and 2 bosh light or something along thoes lines. all i know was it looked hot, any one have any info?
Look on cardomain.com as the guy who did it has a write up for how he separated the lenses abd where he sourced the halo lights from.

·
Registered
296 Posts
my friends used to put their honda headlights in the oven to get the glue to soften up to get the lenses off... then theyd spray paint the insides and glue them back together to make smoked lenses....

i think the kids border line something... he aint to bright is what im trying to say

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
member pooh i tihnk on this site has a nice set looking set made, but he woudent give me any picks

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hell.......I'd be happy with just a good new regular set of lenses that were crystal clear, I've seen them out there, but shipping fees to get them are ridiculous.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You can pull the 87-88 ones apart. Use a SMALL cut off wheel to get rid of the epoxy between the housing and lenses, then heat SLOWLY in the oven at a low temp and pull apart, then turn oven off, close door w/ lights still inside and let cool SLOWLY.

I have down this with two sets already, one set was a set of new Silverstars, and painted the back of the housings w/ Black Ceramic Caliper paint so it still had reflective properties. Gave the headlight a subtle black tint to them and made them blend into the grille nicer.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so you left no chrome inside the head light?

im getting hid's dont think they need the reflective chrome anyways?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just finshed mine,, these do not need to be baked to remove the covers just cut with ulitity knife, i painted 3/4 of the bottom and about 1.5 inches of the sides black

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO POLISH THE REFLECTIVE COATING, I removed bunch close to the bulb using autosol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts