Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From komo 4:

Terror Fears Cancel European Soccer Trip

BELLINGHAM - The PSSA United soccer team out of Bellingham takes their game very seriously. So seriously they have been planning for over a year to fly to England.

"To let them feel the passion that involved with being in England and being around English soccer," said coach Todd Stauber.

They also planned to train at one of the top soccer clubs in the world.

The team was supposed to leave Friday, but the trip was cancelled by worried parents.

"Well the uncertainty of everything that is going on in the world right now," said parent Duana Dotinga.

"It was rumored that there was going to be a problem at high noon at Heathrow," said parent Nicki Bailey. "That's when these boys' plane was going to come in at high noon at Heathrow on Saturday and I was just terrified really,"

"You can never guarantee your kid's safety anywhere whether they are crossing the street or driving to Seattle, but that far away and some of the boys are only 13 years of age," said Dotinga.

The boys, from 13 to 16-years-old, are crushed.

"I worked all summer and all fall for the money and you know it's just big disappointment the parents decided to cancel it on us," said player Grant Manthey.

Every boy on the team had to earn $2,000 for the trip. With the last minute decision to stay home most of that money is lost forever.

"On one side I know that it would have been something I would remember all my life, but on the other side I know that this is a big danger over there," said player Mack Gainor.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It's a shame that today's reality forces kids to deal with stuff like this.
But I was relieved when my wife decided not to take part in a 4th of July parade in Washington, DC, last year. It would have been a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but losing her to terrorist scum would have been something that would have haunted me the rest of my life.
:'(

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Then AS HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE..............................THEY WIN!!!
To me, life's worth taking the risk! Don't you? What are we all going to do? Cower under our beds, or face day to day life/goings on/travelllllllllllll???
I have no fear of doing anything (except work 8o ) or going anywhere at anytime!
Go, go, go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts