Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an overhead console for a 1989 Daytona Shelby. Colour doesn't matter, as I have headliner cloth for recovering. The console has compass/temperature unit. Please reply to this post discussion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are you looking for the actual housing? If so, Arizona Parts (www.arizonaparts.com) has a used one in stock for 95 bucks + shipping. His site says he's closed until October 1st. See below for part information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for an overhead console for a 1989 Daytona Shelby. Colour doesn't matter, as I have headliner cloth for recovering. The console has compass/temperature unit. Please reply to this post discussion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Capt W for the reply and the parts diagram. It helped a lot. Yes, I'm looking for the housing, and will contact the salvage yard. I have one, but the sunglass door is screwed up. Would you happen to know of anyone with a working Compass/Temperature unit, or if the same unit was used in other Dodge cars that would crossover? Mine was working until the number display went wacky and it started blowing fuses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you looking for the actual housing? If so, Arizona Parts (www.arizonaparts.com) has a used one in stock for 95 bucks + shipping. His site says he's closed until October 1st. See below for part information.

View attachment 271632
View attachment 271631
Thank you Capt W for the reply and the parts diagram. It helped a lot. Yes, I'm looking for the housing, and will contact the salvage yard. I have one, but the sunglass door is screwed up. Would you happen to know of anyone with a working Compass/Temperature unit, or if the same unit was used in other Dodge cars that would crossover? Mine was working until the number display went wacky and it started blowing fuses.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's going to be tough. Part number 4374061 looks unique to 1987-89 Lebaron and Daytona. Marty Mopar shows a bunch in stock, but they are pricey! He might make you a package deal on the console and the compass/temp unit...

·
Registered
546 Posts
I might have one at home. I know I have a console from a daytona but don't know if it's this one or the later ones. I'll check tonight

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's going to be tough. Part number 4374061 looks unique to 1987-89 Lebaron and Daytona. Marty Mopar shows a bunch in stock, but they are pricey! He might make you a package deal on the console and the compass/temp unit...
View attachment 271634
Thanks Capt W. Yes, Marty Mopar does have it in-stock and I'll be in contact with him.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
If you still need one, let me know. I think I have one in my stash, but the temperature was not correct, if I remember right.

If you need it, I'll dig it out and send you a pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you still need one, let me know. I think I have one in my stash, but the temperature was not correct, if I remember right.

If you need it, I'll dig it out and send you a pic.
Hey, thanks for replying. By temperature not correct do you mean it's out a couple of degrees from what you hear over the radio, or is it way out?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
It was way out, but I can't remember by how much. I tried replacing the sensor, but it still didn't change the temp.

I covered the console with light gray headliner material. I can send pics if you want.

If you want to try to make it work, you can have it for the cost of the shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was way out, but I can't remember by how much. I tried replacing the sensor, but it still didn't change the temp.

I covered the console with light gray headliner material. I can send pics if you want.

If you want to try to make it work, you can have it for the cost of the shipping.
It's probably a computer board problem, which is what I'm dealing with my Compass/Temperature unit, and in that case it has to be replaced and not fixed. Thanks for your offer, but I'll pass on it.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
No problem. I was thinking of doing an Arduino project to replace it, but don't have the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts