Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am parting out my 1986 Laser Turbo before having the shell hauled to the scrap yard. It was side-swiped on the front street, so the driver's side is mangled beyond hope.
I primarily want to see parts go to someone local who needs them, as I am not an ebayer and do not want to get too involved in shipping.

I bought the car new in '86 and meticulously maintained it through its life. The engine is still strong (re-ring, bearings and head rebuild done about 120K km ago) and the interior (burgundy) is quite good for its age.

I'd like to get $375 for the engine - perhaps an additional $100 if you want the transaxle with it (5 speed). Obviously, this would be for local pick-up only.

Any other part on the car is $25 if you come and get it. If it is not worth that much, I will reduce by 50% (repeatedly) until a fair price is reached. One spare electronic dash also - needs mileage chip.

Parts I am keeping and are NOT for sale: Instrument panel harness, system monitor module, voice alert module, lamp-outage torroid.

I also have 2 new-in-box Mopar fenders I never got around to installing. $140 each for these.

2 (extra) complete front doors with all electrical accessories - $40 each - local pick-up please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hood *barely* escaped damage, but it is straight and true (it is the ONLY panel that is any good.) Paint is shot, but there is no corrosion other than a couple of spots of surface rust.

But isn't Middletown in Ohio? I can't see it being worthwhile to ship a hood - and I would have no idea how to go about it. I'll post pics anyway...

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm near stony I'm looking for a tail light... How's the drivers side? And I want a fuel pump... Might be easier just to take whole tank?!!! And if the interior is grey I'm looking for a good headliner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm near stony I'm looking for a tail light... How's the drivers side? And I want a fuel pump... Might be easier just to take whole tank?!!! And if the interior is grey I'm looking for a good headliner.
The car was hit smack in the middle of the left taillight! But I think I might have one off an '85 - very close to the same. Might even have both - I'll have a look and message you. The interior is Burgundy, and the headliner is drooping anyway. All the rest of the interior is good, except the left rear sail panel and the tonneau cover. If you want to pull the tank, you are welcome to take it along with the fuel pump - all for one low price! The pump will come out without dropping the tank however.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I also have 2 new-in-box Mopar fenders I never got around to installing. $140 each for these.

I am going to assume you have both Left and Right. So how much for the drivers side shipped to 55421?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll look into shipping tomorrow. I wouldn't try shipping it in the mopar box - it'd need additional bubble wrap and reinforcing to ensure it doesn't get damaged in transit. Please bear with me though - I am unfamiliar with shipping parts - this is all new to me!

·
Registered
116 Posts
How about all 4 sun visors for $50.00 Canadian shipped to Winnipeg, Manitoba?

Assuming that the visors are good shape - no major rips or tears.

For payment, I will send you a postal money order once we agree on everything. You won't have to send me anything till you get the money. No paypal for me either.

Let me know!

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
I would like to buy your Wastegate and Purge Solenoid Assy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How about all 4 sun visors for $50.00 Canadian shipped to Winnipeg, Manitoba?

Assuming that the visors are good shape - no major rips or tears.

For payment, I will send you a postal money order once we agree on everything. You won't have to send me anything till you get the money. No paypal for me either.

Let me know!
I am headed out to strip the car today and tomorrrow - I will pull them off and box them up for you. I would think Canada post or Greyhound would be fairly reasonable for shipping - just PM me an address and I will get a quote. $50 seems completely fair, they are in good shape (I'll post a pic once they're off just so you can see what you are buying - I hate surprises!!)
Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's amazing how fast a first gen car can get parted out on here...PM sent with additional info...sounds like the interior is generating some interest. Post pics of visors then, too, but I'll include my email address so you can send them to me.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Sorry, Mine only has two sol. per mounting bracket. Thanks Dennis

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.