Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to change my passenger side motor mount and fount that the mount was welded to the shock assembly.! Every thing is welded together with the exception of the shock absorber. I tried looking at the 88.pdf to find out if their was an assembly number but could not find one. Do I need to take a grinder to it to remove the weld so I can replace the motor mount? This is on my 88 Lebaron T1 convertible.

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
you have that style mount because you have a convertiable - hard tops don't use the shocks

if you buy the mount for a convert it should already have that bracket welded to it

there is one on your trans mount too
the upper bracket bolts to the hook on the frame the mount hangs from - then your convert trans mount it's self will have a small piece welded to it too - where the shock for it bolts on

if the shocks are dead you could just deleate them and use the regular daytona / le baron mount

if you can compress them by hand without a really big effort they're done for

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My shock is shot. So I should install a non turbo motor mount? Autozone and rockauto does not sell the convertible style. I looked in the 88.pdf and could not locate the part at all to try Mopar Parts

Dennis

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
I think you could get away with the standard mount ok

those aren't turbo mounts - just convertiable mounts

only the rag top barons had the mounts with the shocks (dampers)

your car also has a huge structural reinforcement run down the center of the car on the interior side of the center tunnel that branches at the front of the back seat - then runs under the back seat over the frame rails

both features are unique to your convertiable

the dealer may still carry that mount - but if the shocks are done for there wouldn't be much point
I'll bet the mounts and shocks aren't cheep if they do have them

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any idea on how I could locate part numbers? My 88.pdf does not seem to have it.

Dennis

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any idea on what they are called?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts