Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PCV system is full of oil. The motor is a BN rebuild, i think it is just how i am routing my PCV system. Factory, there was a spot for the oil to return to block, is there a way to do this with a cone type filter? I am just using a catch can to get my oil, but it sometimes overflows!
thanks!
-mark

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i read it, sounds great! Is there anyway to hook this up (through airbox) with a cone filter, or do i have to install my stock airbox again? I'm sure i'm not the only to ever run into this...
thanks!
-mark

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, here is a pic of my setup. I may end up installing the stock airbox... :( , but i would really like to keep the cone filter! :thumb:
thanks again,
-mark

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wont this suck oil into the motor?
How bout a setup like this? (you can use paint to modify my pic to what you would do if you like...)
thanks again!
-mark

Attachments

·
Banned
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Great advice Kevin... My daughters entire "oil" issue was related to a pcv set-up. Wish I had this thread available prior to having to trouble shoot the issue. I was ready to take the entire block out and re-seal everything.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, you got complimented by ken! Thats good advice!
Thank you again too kevin, greatly appreciated.
Kevin, i plan on making a setup my self this weekend, sorry, i dont mean to sound stupid, but can you check this picture and tell me what you think? Am i on the right track?
-mark

Attachments

·
Banned
1,213 Posts
unclejemima said:
Wow, you got complimented by ken! Thats good advice!
Thank you again too kevin, greatly appreciated.
Kevin, i plan on making a setup my self this weekend, sorry, i dont mean to sound stupid, but can you check this picture and tell me what you think? Am i on the right track?
-mark
That should work. :thumb:

·
Banned
1,213 Posts
glhsken said:
Great advice Kevin... My daughters entire "oil" issue was related to a pcv set-up. Wish I had this thread available prior to having to trouble shoot the issue. I was ready to take the entire block out and re-seal everything.

Thanks Ken

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, one more thing...
Is a catch can a fancy technical unit, or ecencially what i have drawn below (i know, another hot paint photo!;))
Can i go to any parts store (napa, crappy tire, ext.) and get a catch can set up with a line for in and out, or should i bother making my own? Are they expensive? (i saw the one you linked to ebay, it was like 170bucks!)
thanks guys!!!!
-mark

Attachments

·
Banned
1,213 Posts
unclejemima said:
Oh, one more thing...
Is a catch can a fancy technical unit, or ecencially what i have drawn below (i know, another hot paint photo!;))
Can i go to any parts store (napa, crappy tire, ext.) and get a catch can set up with a line for in and out, or should i bother making my own? Are they expensive? (i saw the one you linked to ebay, it was like 170bucks!)
thanks guys!!!!
-mark

The one I linked to was 33 bucks silly! 20 to ship tho. I'd just get it. They are really nice looking. The homemade stuff just doesn't look as good.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, cool DodgeZ, oops i must have read that wrong! ;) lol, 30, 170, same difference ;) sorry!
Anyway, i am going to check at NAPA to see if i can get one. It this thing just called a "catchcan" and hopefully a parts guy will know what it is?

Am i on the right track though for how they work, perhaps i can rig one up for not?

I would love to order one off ebay, it just takes 2 weeks before i would see it up in the vast cornfeilds of canada;)
thanks!
-mark

·
Registered
749 Posts
There's also the "pipe bomb" style catch can you can make pretty easily. Use some PVC pipe and caps, thread in some barbed nipples, attach some hoses and yer dun.

I have one I use on my neon. If you're lucky you can get some black PVC pipe and gray caps, and it won't look so ghetto. Also you can put in a screw in type plug on the bottom for easy drainage.

HTH!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Is it bad to just run a line from the valve cover to a catch can and not have it hooked up to the intake vac somewhere? Kinda like on all the old V8's with a K&N on the valve cover?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts