Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine dropped a penny in my ciggaretter lighter, and shorted out my car. 89 lebaron convertible. Digital dash is completely out and so is my radio/ stereo. Windows and lights both work. Checked the fuses under the dash and the only one blown is the cig lighter. the dash and guage fuses are fine, and i checked them with ommeter and test lamp and new fuse just to be sure. Where else could there be fuses and what else can I check?

Thanks, Seth

· Registered
625 Posts
Friend of mine dropped a penny in my ciggaretter lighter, and shorted out my car. 89 lebaron convertible. Digital dash is completely out and so is my radio/ stereo. Windows and lights both work. Checked the fuses under the dash and the only one blown is the cig lighter. the dash and guage fuses are fine, and i checked them with ommeter and test lamp and new fuse just to be sure. Where else could there be fuses and what else can I check?

Thanks, Seth
Its good to know that I'm not the only one that feels like a moron for this happening. :D Here's my little story on mine. Story is half way down the page.

http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2872479/3

· Banned
1,112 Posts
when i was still working as an audio installer, i used to see that ALL the time. would install a new deck or somthing like that, theyd come back like a week or2 later saying we shorted out their radio or whatever. there would almost always be a big pile of change sitting in the console or ash tray. look down in the cig lighter recepticle and low and behold i'd see ol' Abe starin back at me....

· Registered
3,453 Posts
.... or the cigarette lighter was full of soda pop and other misc goo that was just conductive enough to drain the battery in about two days. Seen that before. The goo would cause a .1 amp draw give or take some. Every time it rained, the humidity would go up and the battery would drain.

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
Why even have cigarette lighters?
Gee, I Dunno... Maybe to light my freakin' cigarette!!:p

Thats one of the things that piss me off about modern cars... all those accessory ports. And where are the freakin ashtrays? I don't want a stupid cup thing that fits in a cupholder.... $75 Dealer option? are they freakin HIGH? I can get that at the Dollar Store!
Look. They put stupid Navigation systems in cars and they put some [email protected]$$, cupholder ashtray in there. What? the ashtray costs too much? Like the 7" touch-screen is free, please. If you don't know where you are going maybe you should stay home!! Buy a map. plan your trip. Grow some hair on you chest, wussy.

EDIT: That 'wussy' comment was not directed at anyone here. It was meant for all those dimwits who want to rely on some programmer in china to give them directions in their own hometown and then try to change 4 lanes on the freeway in rush-hour gridlock. yeah, those brilliant people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.