Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not to familiar with these cars yet so bear with me...

i currently roll in a 17 second horizon (rawr) i have a bone stock 2.2 tbi with a k&n dropin and 2" exhaust. i know all about turbos thats not the problem (i started my boosting on an old 86 tbird turbo coupe, (got it built up running 20psi, it was pretty sweet)

anyway i want to grab an intercooler and small stock mitsu turbo and get it all plumed up nice, and i was wondering would 5-7psi be too much on this non turbo motor? for now a swap isnt in the budget but i can grap a small mitsu turbo from a friend for $25 and i have an ol front mount intercooler i never used on the tbird brand new in the box. i can do the piping myself so it might cost me a whoppin $175 to get the turbo on. then id have to do the injectors etc... i got it down but i just need to be sure before i do it if ill blow it up running 7psi.

it seems i cant post without including my life story... sorry guys but help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was afraid so :p

no worries il just grab an ol caravan there are several around me locally one for $450 and its boosted so i might go check it out. it sounds like a deal and when i get the powerplant out i could prolly part it out and make more money than i paid for it lol

@bhazard

the turbo coupe now sits in my friends back yard, i sadly flipped it several times :'( such a sweet ride... it was the best car i have owned yet. it was sad to part with it. i learned my lesson about street racing. but that doesnt mean i dont race off the line every now and then :p

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
i was afraid so :p

no worries il just grab an ol caravan there are several around me locally one for $450 and its boosted so i might go check it out. it sounds like a deal and when i get the powerplant out i could prolly part it out and make more money than i paid for it lol
why not keep the Horizon N/A build it up like that and enjoy a turbo minivan:confused:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i dont like the idea of an auto, that maybe a possibilty though if i can find a tranny to throw in it. im down for a turbo van. several of my friends actually suggested the same thing.

this van though body wise isnt the best, its a florida van that prolly hasnt been washed in ages its rusted to the hills, but i know it runs ive heard it, no exhaust but it sounds amazing with the turbo.

if i find a turbo van in better shape chances are i would keep it. if i could find a running turbo glh i would definitely jump on it. and work on the N/A aspect of the horizon. im hooked on these carsm i never appreciated the ones my parents used to own. theyve had several in the past. now i have this one its just fun. i dont know how much longer this TBI will survive with my 5k RPM shifts 1-4th though :p its hella fun though...

what kind of work could i do to it N/A? The only thing i can go on is the small block 350 i built with my dad thats really the only N/A motor ive touched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts