Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! Car is a 89 T1 Shadow with an 86 T2 engine in it running 89 electronics. Car has been running for several years and over the last few weeks thrown a persistent Code 54 - Fuel inj sync that I can not get rid of. Multiple HEPs (3), 3 LM, 1PM (I only have access to 1 good one). Car runs and drives but has sporadic RPM drops across all rpm ranges. Runs good when hiccup does not happen. Checked voltages at HEP connectors today and found that the Dist. sync. connector has 8 volts on the signal line instead of the expected 5 volts. Power connector has 8v. Distributor reference connector has 8v and 5v as expected. Found no shorts or opens in the harness back to pin 27 of the LM. Is this the problem or am I on the wrong track? Anyone have any suggestions? It seems to be a ECM issue but this voltage comes from the LM and I tried 3 different ones and all had the code 54. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
26,190 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

Reference Signal to the HEP is 8 volts, not 5 volts.
5 volt Reference is for all other sensors except O2 which produces it's own voltage.

Be sure the shutter wheel is secured in the distributor.
Be sure you did not place any sharp bends in the HEP wiring as the factory had it or you will damage the wiring internally.
Run a wiggle test on all of the wiring especially the HEP connectors, do this dry and wet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.