Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The body is in good shape but I was wonderring how hard is it to come up with all the parts to turn it into a 89-91 Shelby-Iroc body?? I know its the same body but mine has the rubber moldings and it looks like different front fenders but if anyone has done this please help. I am looking to Change the front bumper, front fenders, and the ground effects. Am I missing anything??

Besides my WS6 I think the 89-91 Daytona's are one of the meanest looking cars out there. I know they are one of the best looking. So any help would be great. thank you..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fenders are the same from '84 - '91. There may or may not be holes in the fenders in the wrong location for trim mounting.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Fenders are the same from '84 - '91. There may or may not be holes in the fenders in the wrong location for trim mounting.
If the fenders are being swapped it isn't an issue. There are also holes for the trim on the rear quarters.

·
Registered
31 Posts
no need to upgrade it to a 89-91, 87-88 are good looking cars too, own a shelby z myself.

love it.

the only thing to actually do the upgrade is to put the 89-91 skirts on, and the motor tune up.

unless it's a 2.5.

and you'll want the intercooled turbo hood, just for the more bad ass look.

also, if it doesn't have a turbo, just for performance issues, drop one in it if you're able.

also, for performance, upgrade to the signature 15.5 alloy wheels for a wider tire and a better hug on the turns.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Whatever don't match your car, put it on.

There's a White 85 Daytona just like thatt on in the local yard here. Even he same graphics on the sides! Red cloth interior I think. I have snatched the boost/door ajar and 12 button modules and those working l-o-n-g rear hatch shocks from it if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How hard is it to take off the rubber molding off the car?? If anyone has done this can they post pics if they have them of there car??

·
Registered
361 Posts
You're right Daytona is one of the best looking cars ever made. I think 87-91 are all the same body style, the Shelby version has the ground effects with fog lights and same goes with some ES models i think. The turbo hood is one the best thing the turbo versions came from so definitely get the hood if you dont have it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
"1. Intercooled HOOD????"

He means the 89-91 hood with the turbo bulge...

I like the 89-91's the best too, something tough about them but I can't really put my finger on it. the 87 and 88's are ok, but they just aren't the same.

I have a '90 shelby vnt and I just picked up a '91 iroc black on black. The only thing that sucks a bit is it's an auto...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been looking at pics of a 89-91 and my 87 and it looks like the front bumpers, front fenders, and the Ground effects have to be changed out.. My big question is what does it look like under the rubber molding's?? Will the front bumper and fenders with that body line in them match up with the older 87 doors and rear 1/4 panels?? Also on the 87 the ground effects on the door are smaller then the 89 and up.. Damn I think I better try to find a parts car or something..

·
Registered
386 Posts
With that 15.5 signature rims, did he mean the 6.5'' crabs opposed to the 6''?
He must have....I just chose not to comment on that or the hood. I was laughing too hard. Hey, where can I get these 1/2 size rims? They sound pretty sweet.
Alright, theres my a-hole comment for the day. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
haha, yeah sorry about that, couldn't remember rim style.

hey man, at least your honest.

and yeah, 87-91 all same body style.

and personally, I think you should just start intergrading parts and make a custom daytona.

yeah, your fenders are a bit weird, but I think it's the same ones.

the front of the iroc looks the same to me, and I think that the fender style is the same from 87 up.

if you had an 86 though, you'd have to basically just buy a new car.

haha

the front end looks the same as well.

unless you wanna make it a 92.

then you're f-ed in the a.

haha

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
I personally prefer the '87-'88 body

·
Registered
59 Posts
the front of the iroc looks the same to me, and I think that the fender style is the same from 87 up.

if you had an 86 though, you'd have to basically just buy a new car.
I have an '86 Daytona. After an unfortunate event with some front lug nuts, I had to replace a fender. I procured one from an '89 Daytona in the local junk yard. It was a direct replacement except for the trim mounting holes. I don't know where this idea that the fenders changed from 1st to 2nd gen comes from.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts