Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm picking up a Dodge Omni GLHS in the next few days and I was wondering what exactly I should be looking for precautionary-wise.

The GLHS has been sitting in a garage/shed for about 7-8 years.
Obviously I'm going to replace the fluids. I'll most likely be replacing the gas tank and converting it to one fuel pump.
I'll be replacing the clutch and etc, and resurfacing the flywheel.

Is there anything I should be looking for that would be hidden and not obvious that might need some immediate/soon attention?

Any tips on anything else I could do or should do?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I cant say for sure but I would check to see if the floor has any rust on it. If it has been inside for a long time that may not be an issue. If the engine still turns over, it could be a good find.:thumb: The brakes may need some attention too. Good luck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm no expert but on all of these cars that I've own the things that gave me nightmares were the vaccum lines and vacume line fitting. They all tend to get brittle and split open.
One vacuum leak in these things will destroy their perfromance.

If you are going to pull the transmission put in a heavier one right away. We just installed an A555 with hiem joint shift linkeage. Now the car has the trans and shifter that it should have came from the factory with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got her running but now I'm just having brake issuses. She definitely needs new floor plans on the drivers side. She's #117!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts