Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my 58mm TB installed (thanks all for the quick replies in the other thread) I figured I would install my cheap $30 Ebay CAI 2.5" setup, mounts perfect on the 58mm TB!! Only had a couple pics cause I went to visit my sick girlfriend.

I ordered some 1" spacers (been waiting almost a month for these things already :eek: ), and a fidanza lightweight flywheel should be off back order soon. Can't wait for these items and some dry weather!

quick edit, its a cheap pcv system, cindy was out of stock on her $45 OCC's, probably will turn to ebay again for one :)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
What kind of intake is it? like what is it really for? I need some new piping for my Iroc and was thinking about getting an ebay one and just making it work...that looks exactly like what i need since i too have relocated my battery.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
What kind of intake is it? like what is it really for? I need some new piping for my Iroc and was thinking about getting an ebay one and just making it work...that looks exactly like what i need since i too have relocated my battery.
:DI wanna guess!

Honda Civic short ram intake

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That looks like it will do the job alright roguetrip. Good work on the plenum neck porting too. Once your spacers arrive you will really be in business. ;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2.5" cone filter, i lucked out, instead of just a plate on the top, mine has extra filter in the center of the top plate which usually nicer filters seem to have. I bought mine for 45cents and $15.00 shipping.
eBay Motors: 2.5” Red Cone Air Intake Filter Honda Civic CRX Accord (item 330218690963 end time Mar-14-08 19:19:36 PDT)

2.5" 60* Intercooler piping, aluminum, you will have to cut a few inches off the 8" side, otherwise perfect fit, bought mine for $4.99+$9.99 ground shipping.
eBay Motors: 2.5" 2.5 inch 60 Degree Mendrel Bend Intercooler Pipe (item 320226994100 end time Mar-15-08 18:24:57 PDT)

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
If you can isolate the filter from the radiator air it will perform better. When you take off from a stop there is a rush of air that flows over the radiator and under hood temps will rise 10-20F for a few seconds.

Also, on my minivan, the passenger side of the engine bay was 5-10 degrees cooler. Cars may be different since the radiator goes full side to side.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha i hope you dont mind....im gonna buy the same piping :) different filter though at least lol.
Thats why i posted, to help others with this idea

If you can isolate the filter from the radiator air it will perform better. When you take off from a stop there is a rush of air that flows over the radiator and under hood temps will rise 10-20F for a few seconds.

Also, on my minivan, the passenger side of the engine bay was 5-10 degrees cooler. Cars may be different since the radiator goes full side to side.
With my daytona, there is a good sized gap between the front bracing and radiator, and air from the front vents comes in at through the gap at speed for cooler air. I could install a temp guage to see how cool it is, but don't have a gauge avail ATM.

Also with the spacers I could flip the plenum around and still use the same CAI :p

thanks lookin for the comments, just "lookin" for a good deal, I was gonna buy another K&N filter (just the filter) that was 2.5" but would cost 28$ plus a 10$ handling fee from summit racing, making this a easy decision.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts

I didnt reallly see any difference having it on the drivers side or the passenger side.

I had great results running it down in front of the transmission so it wasnt quite in the upper part of the engine bay (and you have to run it down there if you keep the battery up front).

When I had my plenum reversed I even tried removing the headlight and no filter at the track and it didnt help up here in the high altitude.

I didnt try any back to back on that car at sea level...all on the passenger side with that engine setup in the spirit.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i tried them all, i found down in the fender woks the best, espically on a hot day

i bought a full 3 inch inter cooler kit to make mine , i could probley make 5 intakes from what will be left

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I had best results with one like this
eBay Motors: RACTIVE HEAT SHIELD REUSABLE AIR FILTER, P/N SF-007RD (item 170204548927 end time Apr-03-08 16:54:26 PDT)

Because you can buy some cheap 2.5-3" flex hose at autozone and 2 large funnels. Then chop the skinny funnel ends off so your left with the large "bell mouth" ends that barely fits in the hose, duct tape a funnel to each end of the hose, stick one funnel near the lower front core support and use zip ties to hold it and stick the other over that air filter and duct tape it. Cheap Ram air and it works! I went from 16.2 in my Spirit to 15.7 just doing that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.