Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could have sworn there was an "official G-body picture" thread, but I can't find the balsted thing after 10 minutes of looking...so if there is, if a mod could move these there I'd appreciate it. If not, then here's the chance to start "The Official G-body Pictures" thread! :thumb:

I took these this Saturday after I washed her. It was such a nice day and she was looking really nice, I HAD to take pictures! :D

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
haha thats sweet. Your going to upset GLHNSLHT2. He is now swapping it all out of the T top into his hard top, both white, both have a dented hood.

It also looks like side exit exhaust under there too,,,,,, Very nice car, love that low clean mean look.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! :thumb:

No side exit exaust though...it comes out the back. You can barely see it in the last picture...I used a shortened stock exhaust tip.

Oh, and beleive me, it IS a toy! ;)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Looks VERY nice! Now I know what the 87 Shelby Z that I have will look like if I ever get around to restoring it. There is a LONG way to go!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I JUST bought one of these...Literaly about an hour ago!
I will get some pictures up soon, but it needs some mechanical work.

This one looks fantastic!! Mine is really nice, but it needs some lovin'. I will detail the piss out of it as soon as I can and it would look good next to this one!

G

·
looks like someone's been cutting the F!ck out of the springs.
I would say so. That dont quite look like the stock height for a Z.

Nice car BTW,I used to have an identical twin. Yours looks like its been in the Southern parts most of its life. I actually picked mine up is Florida. It sadly had to go as it did not have my favorite factory sunroof option:(

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL, I was wondering when somebody was going to say something about that! It's got Koni's and Eibach all the way around, but the Eibachs have been trimmed. The actual drop of the car was just a little less than 1.5" from stock height, believe it or not. IIRC I cut 2.25 coils off the rear and 2 off the front(I'd have to double check that). I will say that even though I love how the car sits, I would NEVER do that again for a street car and I don't reccomend it to anybody else either, LOL!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL...all in due time Sean, all in due time!

The springs are the only ones you can get now...the ones designed for the P-body(I beleive those are the 2804's).

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GLHNSLH2, I'll have to check my notes, but that sounds right...something like that. I beleive the coils are around .5" in diameter, all I did was divide the amount I wanted the car to be lowered by that diameter(since the coils were bound each one cut would equal that amount of drop). I can't remember which, but either the front or rear is a tad thicker in diameter. I also didn't cut as much as it would have been required by my calculation so I would have some "room" to do corrections ect. I also made sure not to cut the rears quite as much so it didn't get that "dragging @ss" look. It still may have to come up some, maybe 1/8-1/4". I may play with it this summer.

In the future I plan to have it repainted(same color) and I want to put on a few of the stock decals such as the "DODGE" under the left headlight only found on '89/'90 cars, the Intercooled Turbo on the bulge, Shelby Z on the window sill, and I want to replace the disintegrated stock badging on the rear with ones like found on the '89-'91 Shelby cars, but customized to say "Shelby Z" instead.

It's all stock stuff an none of it will be overly done. I like the clean look of the car the way it is...I may not even do the bulge decals.

The ones on the quarter windows may or may not stay. I LOVE GRM, but I just don't know if they belong on the car. I put them on becuase I felt it was kind of the right thing to do since the guy at the Rolex 24 did get me in and let me park in their section just becuase he liked the car. They have small decals that are for staff members only, but they'd be easy to reproduce and I think they would look a LOT better on the car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts