Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I find the pillars pods with gauge inserts for an 89 shelby daytona? also does anyone know where I can get the bar that goes over the top of the engine that connects to both struts(strut stabilizer?)? are there any available carbon fiber parts? thanks in advance for any info.:dancing:

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
FWDPerformance.com has the pillar pods for your shelby as well as the strut tower bars for very reasonable prices but i have not seen any carbon fiber strut bars at all for these cars but its possible you could have on custom made but it will cost a lot of money:thumb: so i would head to FWDPerformance.com to get all your stuff and then some more cause they have every performance needs for you shelby daytona, thats where i get all my stuff for my daytona and my plymouth duster Thank You Cindy

·
Registered
223 Posts
For the record, CF is a LOUSY choice for a strut bar. Where a strut bar is of use is in preventing the towers from flexing in and out during hard cornering; while CF would be okay to keep them from flexing out, it has NO load bearing ability under compression. If all you want it for is looks, then make one out of steel or aluminum rod, then have a layer of black fiberglass laminated over the rod.

20 year Military Aircraft Structures mech, lots of experience with Composites...just my Professional Opinion.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry guys I didnt specify I dont want a carbon fiber strut bar but I do want a strut bar and I was also wondering if there are any aftermarket carbon fiber side mirrors or anything like that.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
As far as i know i have not seen any carbon fiber parts for these cars, now i could be wrong, but i would either try searching google or have parts sent in like your side mirrors to have a custom one made, i have only seen fiberglass parts :thumb:

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
Harry Glass was doing fiberglass parts. They had fenders, doors, quarter panels, etc. I've searched high and low for carbon fiber parts and come up empty-handed. There just isn't a big enough market to warrant a company making CF pieces for us. Too much investment and not enough return. You could probably custom order something, but it would be prohibitively expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.