Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I see the same weather beaten pizza rim 6 times with a few different file names. Were there supposed to be "after" pictures?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i guess it helps if you dont copy and paste the first link 6 times and try to claim it to be 6 different pictures :p

Should be fixed.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
That's more like it. That's pretty unique having the gold there.
What are they going on?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
an 89 omni glh clone. should look nice tucked under with cindy's coilovers...

The gold may end up just being engine paint. My brother thought of the gold, my sentiments were worst case if it looks like crap i'll just sand blast them back to gray and paint em black. we'll see though.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The gold may end up just being engine paint. My brother thought of the gold, my sentiments were worst case if it looks like crap i'll just sand blast them back to gray and paint em black. we'll see though.
I guess I never thought of this til now, but did you have to convert the car to 5 lugs? I just bought an 87 Horizon tonight and has 4 lugs and bad tires. I have many, many sets of 5 lug rims. I may convert it all over. I really think the Centurion II's would look great on it.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, i converted to 5 lug. All the 4 lug stuff got trashed.

I was looking for centurions, but people wanted like $400 for a set.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
apparently you cant put "TM" on this site anymore, so here is a smaller picture further down in the post.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I was looking for centurions, but people wanted like $400 for a set.
Yeah, that seems to be the going price, but I got lucky a couple years ago. I bought a set from "Turbovan", (Rocky's brother) He's local and wanted $250 for a decent set if I picked them up. I grabbed them for my Charger. At that time, I didn't have either of my 2 GLHS's. Then about 2 months ago, a friend thats getting out of TD's, put a set (rough shape) up for sale. $90.00. I called him and drove about 140 miles rouund trip to get them. I was broke at the time too, but I couldn't pass them up. I'm going to make a spinning machine to sand rims on. I jacked up my Shelby Charger years back and put my car in gear. Then sanded the pizza rim while it was turning. You can't believe how fast you can get the rim looking great. I want to make a machine to do the same thing on a bench. I'm sure doing it on the car can't be good for the differential gears. You have to do it with only one front wheel off the ground or they stop when you touch it with the sand paper or scratch pad. :bang head

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an old hub for a minivan that I had lying around (brand new, thought I could just change the bearing assembly for a 5 lug conversion, rookie mistake) that I want to fashion into a lazy susan polisher. No time for the R&D though. :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update, now with the perimeter holes painted and the lugnut and valve stem holes painted black.

Couple little dings, i didnt have the $$ to machine the wheel down to get rid of those. So they're character builders.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
looks good. I put a set of pizzas on my green 92 Shadow ES back in the day and did the same thing with the gold.
You've got me thinking now. Those pizzas look great. I was thinking about selling the 94 "Green" Sundance and pulling the 16 Pumpers off. I was going to put a set of crabs on it but do have a set of Pizzas I could polish up. Hmmmm.
I wish there were more hours in the day.:bang head I am getting the garage cleaned up tonight. Maybe when I free up some space I can make my rim machine.:thumb:
Get those things on a car so we can see how they look. How much time total would you guess you have in the one rim?

·
Registered
301 Posts
You've got me thinking now. Those pizzas look great. I was thinking about selling the 94 "Green" Sundance and pulling the 16 Pumpers off. I was going to put a set of crabs on it but do have a set of Pizzas I could polish up. Hmmmm.
I wish there were more hours in the day.:bang head I am getting the garage cleaned up tonight. Maybe when I free up some space I can make my rim machine.:thumb:
Get those things on a car so we can see how they look. How much time total would you guess you have in the one rim?
I had that car back in 94 and I've moved like 4 times since then. If I can happen to find a pic, I'll send it to you. I put the pizzas on there because I had ARE's on my plum crazy SC and wanted 15's on the ES. It looked pretty good.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I had that car back in 94 and I've moved like 4 times since then. If I can happen to find a pic, I'll send it to you. I put the pizzas on there because I had ARE's on my plum crazy SC and wanted 15's on the ES. It looked pretty good.
Yeah, do that. I'd like to see what it would look like. Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts