Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is an important part for me so i figured making a new thread for it. I may have asked the same question in my other thread but since the topic is diff people may not look at it and i may not reach my answer. So i have a 91 Daytona T1 5spd with stock Mitsu. I want to upgrade my turbo but i dont want to waste my money on something that doesnt fit my car. Turbos are tricky, there are tons of them in the market but choosing the right one is important, i just found one that says it would work with 89 Lebaron GTS, Daytona and Lancer Shleby 2.2L. I got 2.5L but i dont think it would matter. If i buy the Turbo line kit and this Garrett would it be a direct bolt on without modifying anything. Heres the turbo info:
Model: Garrett/Airesearch TB0378 (T3 Series)
-OE Part #: 465733-2
-Wastegate setting: ~7 psi
-Compressor Housing A/R: .42
-Turbine Housing A/R: .48
-Oil and Coolant Ports

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
Judging from the description, you found that on ebay...
I think those are just take-offs and not guaranteed at all. It will need to be rebuilt. You'd be better off just getting one from a junkyard to send in as a core or just eating the core charge and buy a rebuilt one outright.

But yeah, thats what the factory used.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you are right i found it on ebay. So these are not good? Its not that cheap, $250 + shipping. Too bad i have Mitsu and cant use it as core. Unfortunately the junkyards i know dont have turbo dodges, just regular ones. Im so confused what to do. Maybe just use my Mitsu since its working properly till i get lucky and find a cheap one in good condition. So for future a Garrett would be a direct bolt on even though i got mitsu right?

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
So for future a Garrett would be a direct bolt on even though i got mitsu right?

Garrett makes alot of different turbos...
it just so happened that one was from a dodge.
do some research.. it will begin to make sense.

Contact the vendors.. they can help you pick whet you need.

BTW... a turbo swap is gonna involve yanking the head off the block [unless you are tricky and talented] so you may want to sit down and plan an upgrade path with a budget and performance goal in mind.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really, i have to take the head off? I thought its possible from under the car. In that case im gonna use what i have because if the head comes off, lots of performance parts should go in while its off, so as you said i gotta save some $$$ and plan what i need to do with it. Thanks for the info.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that, i've already seen your turbo when i was searching for one and i was going to PM you about it, then i thought its too much work and i need to save up some money to change most of the stuff at the same time while the head is off. But thanks anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.