Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im just curious to see what kind of power everyone is making with built motors. Please post mod lists with wheel HP figures and track times if available.

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
809 Posts
93 R/T- just got the car about three months ago but have already improved it by seconds according to my G-tech times. First run with stock setup was 15.7- the original owner had the vacuum lines messed up and the turbo cut out and also had some wierd pieces of cut up aluminum stuck in the air intake?( I presume he was watching late night TV commercials and decided to make his own version of the tornado. Also had a cracked head.
I repaired all of those problems and I started with a FWD stage 1 ECU 15PSI boost and +20's, aftermarket BOV, new fuel filter(very good idea), full 3" exhaust, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, K&N, mild head porting, titanium retainers. cometic head gasket and ARP studs. All this netted me my best G-tech time of 13.728 @ 106.97. I am running Goodyear F1 tires- these work very good. I estimate HP at 250-260. Future plans call for an LSD and degreeing the cams.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Matt car similar to your set-up with a custom cal. (also had an enforcer head and a tbi type header) made 360 whp at 32 psi. The limiting factor was headflow.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I put down a somewhat disappointing 322whp on a Mustang dyno at 22psi. However, with the new cams, it was still building power at 6800 when I let off. My best time (270ish whp tune) is a 13.30 @ 108.6 on radials and through the cat/muffler. I haven't gotten back to the track with my newfound power yet.

My engine is a little low on compression and high on miles to say the least. I get blow by so badly now, the dipstick pops up on occasion. :thumb:

Major mods are a 50-trim hybrid, Spearco, head/manifold porting, and 3” exhaust.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Maybe i can run it through a HP calculator and figure out what im actually putting down. Gtech runs...

Ken what do you think my MPH and ET should be with this setup? like an achievable goal for me...

Mods list.
88 Daytona Shelby Z 2900 lbs 5spd\Moly Plate
Mildly Ported 782 Head (cleaned up combustion chamber, polished exhaust runners)
S60 Turbo
Large NPR SS pipes.
Ported Exhaust Manifold + Full 3" Exhaust
Forward Motion Cal\3bar\+40%s (Still fighting with this setup)
Running 20psi but have a fuel issue. Top of 3,4th gear at 6000 is creeping to about 1620f. Lean.
Timing at 12*

Street Tires, Launched at 4000, got spooled and feathered first.
Grabbed Second, very slight feather.
3/4 good. going lean. 1600
10*C\42*F outside 2300ft elevation

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
How do the enforcer heads flow compared to Steve M's heads?

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
The S is Silent said:
How do the enforcer heads flow compared to Steve M's heads?

Going by information posted several years ago, the FM heads flow poorly compared to Steve's work. FM's heads may have improved since then perhaps. However I wouldn't trust my cyl head to anybody but Steve.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
#1, don't be too sure its a fuel issue. could be the cal timing as well.

300-320 whp max given the turbo size (that's wheel HP, which ain't shabby) Given the 104+ mph you are already making at least 300 to the wheels given weight and elevation.

ToiboTonaZee said:
Maybe i can run it through a HP calculator and figure out what im actually putting down. Gtech runs...

Ken what do you think my MPH and ET should be with this setup? like an achievable goal for me...

Mods list.
88 Daytona Shelby Z 2900 lbs 5spd\Moly Plate
Mildly Ported 782 Head (cleaned up combustion chamber, polished exhaust runners)
S60 Turbo
Large NPR SS pipes.
Running 20psi but have a fuel issue. Top of 3,4th gear at 6000 is creeping to about 1620f. Lean.
Timing at 12*

[email protected]

·
Registered
749 Posts
See it looks like im not doing so great compared to the HP. Although hes probably got a 2.5?

Me:
ToiboTonaZee said:
88 Daytona Shelby Z 2900 lbs 5spd
S60 Turbo
Large NPR SS pipes.

[email protected]
Turbovanman:
turbovanman said:
89 CB
slightly ported head (backcut valves)
TIII Turbo + RX7 IC
2.5 inch dp 3 inch exhaust, cat, 50 series df Flowmaster side exit,

236.5whp 288 ft/lbs.
[email protected] mph
Whats the weight of the van? What elevation is it there in BC?
2.2L or 2.5L?
Slicks?

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
ToiboTonaZee said:
See it looks like im not doing so great compared to the HP. Although hes probably got a 2.5?

Whats the weight of the van? What elevation is it there in BC?
2.2L or 2.5L?
Slicks?
??? Why do you say that.. look at the mph, not ET You are almost 10 mph faster at 2000 feet elevation higher. Vans are about 3300lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts