Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have big plans for my 85 lancer but....... im kind of in the dark on what i actually can do:bang head. I would really like to talk to somebody that has done a common block swap into an 1985 car. Even if you have not and know these car extremelly well it would be very much appreciated if you could pm me. I have questions to ask but its hard to get all of these answers on the forums. I would prefer to talk on the phone but im not gonna just give my number out lol. So if you would like to help pm and i will send you my number.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Is it an auto or stick?Need to know that. otherwise get the whole CB engine everything is a bolt in deal if you use the cb ps bracket.Are you going to use the later intake and exhaust manifolds to intercool?If so you'll have to do a little wiring mods and change computer to T2.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Actually, the Non-CB bracket will work on a CB bracket for the PS pump. I had a non-CB bracket on the 91 block that was in my 83 Rampage. But it is pretty much a straight swap if you are looking to keep the same setup. But as 4Daytonas said, if you are looking into upgrading wiring, then you will want to look at the sticky in the Electrical section that shows you how to swap the T1 harness to a T2 status. But all is very simple, heck you could probably find a T2 harness for the car from an 88+ Lancer/Lebaron GTS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.