Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turismos converters were both shot so I hogged one out and removed the other now the car is just to loud for me. Any ideas on sticking some kind of resonator in or just stick in a new cat? Cheaper option preferably, no smog police here.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I don't like resonators personally. If you're going for something cheap, maybe a good sized glasspack in the middle of the car? Problem is a lot of other mufflers cost as much or more than a new CAT, glasspacks generally are cheap though, but being a lower quality muffler. Thats something to keep in mind.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
2 cats ?

if the exhaust was stock the front one was the cat - the second one was a resonator
that'd be why it's loud now

when I had my turismo years ago I found the replacement resonators didn't last long
went through 2 or 3 in one year

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Another suggestion I had could be to snag a resonator off a used car in a yard. They're pretty good on factory cars these days, but like johnny said, the replacements seem to junky. And other aftermarket ones sound like crap to me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
They were both cats, trust me. The front one was all melted and in chunks and the second was also a cat. I should've left that one in. I might just put a new cat back in.

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
If its the boosted turismo, then replace it with a straight through style. Having exhaust all the way back to out the edge of the rear bumper greatly reduces the whole volume of the car, while inside it. Underneath it just bounces off the road, etc and bounces right back into the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts