Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a clunking sound with new poly motor mounts. At first i had a little bit of preload at the back but left the upper bushing just barely touching the metal. This still let the motor rock a bunch. It feels like it did before with the worn out factory bobble strut. Engine flopped all over.

Are you supposed to snug it right up? (the bobble strut nuts)
I get a clunking once in a while, i wonder if the bolt i put through the bottom of the bobble strut isnt big enough diameter for it. Also this sound could be my axles, as they are getting worn out. Any suggestions as what to look for?
I checked the front mount and everything is tight...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maybe what you're hearing is the axles. With the old mounts it probably allowed for more flex/movement with the engine, and now with the solid mounts stiffening things up, you can now hear them more. Just a guess. Try putting the car on jack stands and starting it. See if you can hear it then.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I have clunking sound due to drive line lash because I have three solid motor mounts. My motor just will not move. But since it is a v6, I have really bad low rpm torque issues. Makes me look like I have no clue as to how to drive a manual transmission. LOL

But I would not trade the performance gians for anything.

Wink

1 - 3 of 3 Posts