Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know my car felt way tighter with the front poly bishings from napa

but what about the rear bushings that polybushings offers any noticable diffrence?

·
Legendary Driver
10,944 Posts
depends on the rear axle. For a 86-89 shelby rear axle, No. Why? because the rubber is harder than the race poly bushings. For base models and the 90+ bushings then yes the hard poly will help. But i'd upgrade the rear panhard bar 1st.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
because the rubber is harder than the race poly bushings.
This is not true. I do have "street" poly and "race" Hard poly. The stock rubber was soft compared to the harder poly.

Johnny

·
Legendary Driver
10,944 Posts
Actually Johnny if you remember i have a set of your "race" poly bushings. And the stock 86-89 C/S or shelby solid rear sway bar axle bushings are harder. The base model/small sway bar bushings are softer for sure. Along with the 90+ bushings like i said above. Just put a 86 C/S rear axle in my new yorker and yes the stock bushings in that car were soft.

I burned the bushings out of my rear axle in my shelbyZ before realized they were and put in your street bushings. Then i sent them back because they were way way too soft and got the race bushings. Now the Race bushings are harder than the street there are still a bit softer than the stock bushings that were in the car. I have another ShelbyZ now and will be leaving the bushings stock on it. And the T-top car with it's "Race" bushings will be gotten rid of along with the bushings. Here's a couple pics and a quicktime video of the "street" bushings. Polybushings "street" rear axle bushings

But like I said if you have the early axle with the small sway bar or any of the 90+ rear axles then the poly bushings might be an upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts