Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have my GLH-T running well with a MSII setup with the only exception being that I'm only able to achieve ~17mpg (including alot of highway driving). I have my AFR tables set pretty lean under light load, with cruising AFR being ~16:1. I'm using the Volumetric Table tuner in TunerStudio to update my Volumetric Efficienty Fuel tables, but as I stated, achieve at best 17mpg. When I had my AFR tables richer ~13.5:1 at cruise I was achieving approximately the same mpg. I'm doudtful that my ignition time is set spot on, but the car drives well through the full range of RPMs. However, reading around a bit, it seems like ignition timing can have an effect on mpg. For those running Megasquirt, could you post your ignition, VE, and AFR tables so I can compare. Also, any thoughts on what may be causing a low mpg. The GLH-T interior is gutted, has a relatively stock TII 2.2L (is bored 20 over though) and is running a 523 tranny with a 3.5 final gear. Any thoughts on what may be causing my mpg to suffer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
5,190 Posts
That's an extremely bad mileage number. Are you sure the O2 sensor is reading correctly? You don't have any exhaust leaks upstream of the sensor allowing air in, do you?
Have you looked at your plugs, are they all the same color? Are they black?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts