Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I've had a couple of bad experiences with FWD Performance while trying to get my Daytona all put together, and I feel like it's gotten to the point where I need to say something.
This all started this time in 2019 when I placed a fairly large order with them (almost $900), including a Spec Stage 2 Clutch
Most of the parts came no problem, but the clutch didn't ship with the rest of the items. I waited one month, then two, and finally called. No response.
This set a trend that has continued since then.
Every time I called, I'd get sent to voicemail. My messages never got returned. Finally, after 2 months of calling every week, Cindy finally decided to pick up the phone. She was suprised I'd never gotten my clutch and vowed to make it right.
Two more months went by with no clutch so I called again. She told me it hadn't even shipped and promised to get it to me.
Eventually, it did show up so I put it onto the shelf, as the engine wasn't ready yet.
What I discovered last month when I went to put the engine is that the kit was wrong!
The clutch, throwout bearing, and alignment tool were all correct, but the pressure plate was too large for the flywheel, likely for a later model car than mine.
This isn't FWD Performance's fault directly, as the clutch came from SPEC, but since I bought it through them, it seemed reasonable that they should be the ones responsible for dealing with the return for proper parts.
But, like when I ordered the clutch, getting them to pick up the phone is an exercise in frustration. My first call went through fine, but subsequent calls have left me either ignored or hung up on!
Finally, they decided to deal with me via text only, since I was calling every day and they clearly weren't interested in picking up when they saw my number.
After a month of asking, nudging, and what felt like nagging, they finally bothered to call SPEC - a month after I reached out to them.
I've provided everything they've asked for - detailed pictures, measurements, my order number, description of my car and the components that came off, etc.
I have never had service so poor from any company.
And still, a year later, I don't have the right clutch for my car.
My project couldn't wait and I was forced to put the old, worn, inadequate clutch back onto the vehicle.
I spent my money with FWDP based off of the good words put in by fellow members. Right now it feels like they're part of some kind of exclusive club that gets the special treatment, but since I'm not in the club and they have my money they don't care.
All I want is the right clutch for my car.
Thank you,
Isaak

·
Registered
1989 LeBaron GTC Convertible
68 Posts
Sorry to hear about your difficulties Isaak. I'll just add that while I also hear lots of praises for Cindy, I was unable to reach FWD after multiple attempts about a year ago when I needed some advice and a part for my turbo. Thought I might actually need a new turbo at the time. It's long enough ago now that I don't remember all of the details, but I could not get through to Cindy. If I was able to leave a message, I got no response. Personally, I also felt a bit left out of the club. Having these issues, I went to Turbos Unleashed, and Chris Wright was super helpful! I ordered my turbo coolant lines from Chris after he walked me through the issues I was experiencing. I had both phone calls and e-mails with Chris, and every time it was as if he had all the time in the world to help me. Can't recommend Chris more. If he has what you need, you can't go wrong buying it from Chris!! Good luck Isaak!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I'm surprised to hear that about FWD-Performance.
I always had great customer service with them.

I met Chris Wright once a very long time ago, and he's a great guy.
Great company and products too.

Reactions: 89BaronGTC

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've used nearly every vendor for our cars, and while nobody is perfect, every other vendor has been sure to make everything right.
I don't like saying bad things about companies or people, but after my (still unresolved) experience I feel like I need to say something.
Like I said, I just want the parts I spent my hard-earned money on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just thought I'd update this.
After struggling for over a year with this, I finally got a partial refund from FWD Performance last week.
It shouldn't have been this hard or taken this long. Had it not been over $400, I would have given up a long time ago.
Worst experience I've ever had with any "reputable" seller, ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts