Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 87 SC for its first road test since I picked it up from a field 2 months ago, (the inspection sticker reads 1998). The car ran. Actully built up a little speed, no boost, almost positive. My problem is this. While in neutual she revs fine. But once in gear the car pops and sputters until the car builds up a little speed. But even with speed it pops and sputters up hills. She acts like she is just drained of all power once put under a load. I have a few codes. Most go with the alternator and battery charge. But I do have a code 13 (13* MAP sensor or vacuum line may not be working). Chad and I had a feeling it had something to do with the MAP so I took his out of his GLH and swapped them to test. Although I did not check the codes the poping and sputtering still remained. Any ideas from you guys would help Chad and myself from racking our brains for the rest of the week. Thanks.
Matt
PS. I did not tell you but it may be important. Right now my 87 is a stock T1. But not for long.

·
Legendary Driver
10,903 Posts
you need to check and make sure the vac line isn't cracked with a vacuum tester. Replacing the MAP won't do anything if the line has a crack in it. Check out Harbor Frieght for a mityVac.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts